Thread: Why?

Why?

I just watched an episode of Horsepower TV, where they had an RX-7 on teh show and they installed..... an LS engine.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY?!

Why the eff does everything that is touched by 'Muricans need to be fitted with a freaking LS engine?

Why not take up a bit more of a challenge and install a V6, or a 4 cylinder if you really don't want that Rotary?

A turbo 4 or 6 would be much more unique have even better weight distribution than the V8 (Depending on exactly which V6 was used), and not be so FREAKING boring.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    It's all about selling product. More sponsors for LS engines so more LS swaps. I'd like to see a few interesting ones as well. Maybe now that the Ecoboost is around, they'll finally bust the notion that anything with less than eight cylinders and a turbo is rice.

You know, I really need to see the video the day you slug some kid for saying "You could get more power outta that Datsun with an LS engine. ;)
    Last edited by 1project2many; 06-17-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Kinda like the old days when everything got a 350 chevy? That was where all the parts were so that is what went into neverything... now it's in a transistion to the SBC LS !

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I saw that episode too. I thought it was kinda a odd swap also, but I'm not into those cars, so it really didnt bother me. But I do feel your pain. I feel the same way everytime I see a jeep with a chevy engine swapped in.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I watched a video yesterday of a smart four2 with a Hayabusa motorcycle engine swapped in. No LS there.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Administrator
    I've seen that! Something about a tiny car blowing repeated doughnuts makes me laugh in a Three Stooges kind of way.

Yeah but looks like fun if they were'nt my tires?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I feel the same way everytime I see a jeep with a chevy engine swapped in.
    Hey wait a minute, I gota jeep with a chevy engine in it, '90 3.1L MPFI 60*v6 . Runs really well.

Of course it does, it's a 60* V6.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.