Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: data log of my idle problems

Right now I have a block off plate in place of the EGR, that is why I have an EGR error, not worried about it. I need to make another log, it started running really poorly Fri. morning. I still go open loop shortly after returning to idle, I think this might be an open loop idle bin. Also, I am still really lean right after I go off idle. I will get a new fuel pressure reading this next week.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

All the settings of the ASDL bin you posted look to be CL idle? I'll look at it a little more, lots of times manual bins turn off BLM Learn but stay CL, or could be it's commanded to go OL on DECEL/DFCO and holding over a bit... but should go back CL fairly quickly?

I looked at that last log a little slower now that you mention going lean off idle... it does... and stays there so it's not a AE issue... but since you have your EGR blocked off and still on in bin? It's probably that! Look at how the "EGR - VE Comp Table" changes BPC when EGR is on... data without EGR and EGR still on is not going to be much help...

Something I've always thought of doing and never got there was find the bit that shows EGR active in data stream and make a hack for it, sure we could find something to swap just for when looking for EGR stuff... You know anyone good enough with dissasemblies to find this bit?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    All the settings of the ASDL bin you posted look to be CL idle? I'll look at it a little more, lots of times manual bins turn off BLM Learn but stay CL, or could be it's commanded to go OL on DECEL/DFCO and holding over a bit... but should go back CL fairly quickly?
    Nevermind... it's the Air Pump! When ever it's on it goes OL!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Duh, I didn't even think of the air pump since I don't have one on the truck. I will look at the EGR active to see if I can figure something out. I am using the ASDL bin, but in reality that is not the bin in the truck. I can't find a copy of that bin anywhere.

Okay Mark, I think I have EGR active for $42 with minimal patch. change the 2nd word in the ALDL stream, EPROM ID MSB to EGR status. The patch would look like this

old hex location 04E9 data D003 This is eprom ID MSB

new hex location 04E9 data 0006 This is EGR status bit 7 is EGR on/off when bit 7 = 1 EGR is on, when bit 7 = 0 EGR is off

Will that work?
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 09-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.