Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $OD .adx WBO2 change?

Well I tried reconfiguring the WB to a default lambda 5v scale 0v=.5 / 5v=1.5

TunerPro is dead on now w/ gauge display and serial gauge display.

Appears that configuring it 0v=10.0AFR & 5v=20.0AFR is a bad idea with the MTX-L if you want any accuracy.
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    It is already 0V = 0.50 Lambda and 5V = 1.50 Lambda.
    Lambda of 0.50 to 1.50 is a difference of 1.0 divided by 256 = Conversion: X * 0.00390625 + 0.500000

Having WB voltage as another value is a sanity check. 2.5 volts = 1.0 Lambda, so now you have a key on reading and a half way point reading.

Oh I see, you want to go to Innovate default which is a bigger spread, higher and lower AFR.

You don't want any more resolution, believe me, it will drive you nuts. Just as the 5 volt spread of AFR will drive you nuts watching a WB gauge, to much swing. Lambda only moves 1.0 so it works well over 5 volts, AFR moves 10 and is just to much for data let alone the math.

Then sampling rate of WB is so high it makes it worse, I slow it down.

For someone who can't comprehend Lambda and how simple it is and must have AFR because that is what car guys and internet use, I usually set up their gauge on 1 volt, then it is back in line with Lambda and not all over the place.

When you watch data like in monitors you'll see what I mean. Lambda is workable and AFR is all over the place. There are no filters in TP so can't take out TPS movement which adds AE, or take out Decel, DFCO etc... you can only turn off so much for data. I don't use an entire history table either. I strip out parts of data that are steady TPS%, this is easy when you drive specifically with steady TPS%.
    The $OD .adx instruction for datalogging WBO2 data specify to set the WB output to 0v=10.0AFR/5v=20.0
    For whatever reason on this truck doing so created inaccuracy.

.1 is HUGE when you're talking lambda especially if it's logging richer than what the engine is actually running.
    Say your data log is telling you .9xx lambda (in reality the engine is 1.xxx)
    You data log, adjust your VE tables from the data log then take the truck for a spin and it runs like crap.
    Why? because my tunerpro data was WRONG and I just adjusted all my VE tables LEAN.

According to my logs/corrections after adjusting the VE tables I should have been golden.
    After finding the discrepancy and correcting the output, my truck was running in the 1.1xx when I was expecting 1.0xx.

I swear this truck is just a PITA, never had this issue on my other one.
    It just worked, reported accurately, and was sooo easy to tune.
    Tony

'67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by babywag View Post
    Well I tried reconfiguring the WB to a default lambda 5v scale 0v=.5 / 5v=1.5

TunerPro is dead on now w/ gauge display and serial gauge display.

Appears that configuring it 0v=10.0AFR & 5v=20.0AFR is a bad idea with the MTX-L if you want any accuracy.
    That's good to know. There is an option for AFR or Lambda... but I thought they were for the AD outs. Does the gauge read Lambda?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    That's good to know. There is an option for AFR or Lambda... but I thought they were for the AD outs. Does the gauge read Lambda?
    Yep, gauge is configured to display lambda.

Either analog output can be set using AFR or Lambda, I've always used lambda.
    The output is the same.
    Only difference if using AFR is slight rounding corrections to the outputs.
    I've played with it quite a bit, doesn't appear to make any difference in accuracy using AFR vs. lambda when configuring outputs.

With all things though your mileage may vary. Mine sure does on this Jeep.
    Tony

'67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Could someone help ???
    I have a MTX wideband connected to my 1227727 ecm on pin c21,I am using files as follows SAUJP_V4_01.adx41026a_163.binSAUJP_V4_01.adx Which options sould I check uncheck it the wideband flags section to get the 0-5v afr reading into my datalog,I have tried a few options and have some readings but none have been accurate..

Many thanks IAN

Quote Originally Posted by myredprky View Post
    Could someone help ???
    I have a MTX wideband connected to my 1227727 ecm on pin c21,I am using files as follows SAUJP_V4_01.adx41026a_163.binSAUJP_V4_01.adx Which options sould I check uncheck it the wideband flags section to get the 0-5v afr reading into my datalog,I have tried a few options and have some readings but none have been accurate..

Many thanks IAN
    Start a new thread specific to your issue, the $OD is different than what you're running.
    Tony

'67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8