Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arf ratio at idel

I changed the names in the next XDF.

But the VSS on and VSS off are MPH. Most all $42 bins I've seen are all 0.00, meaning MPH is not used as a qualifier. Could be if testing was done? Seems the main qualifier is TPS on and off.

I haven't spent a lot of time in EGR code, but it looks like there's not much room for adjustment, again I think this is because of vacuum operated EGR valve and switch. It's open or not. Not going to be good at idle. It's only compensation and Fueling and spark at RPM and MAP/Vacuum.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I was wondering about it, been reading the post where you was testing with it off below 25 mph, I burn a lot of gas driven up this mud an dirt roads [15-20 mph] when I get to the gravel road I can go 30-35 an everthing seams to work pretty good. my try 25mph setting and see if my blms change tomorrow after I data log, should indicate if the mph setting changed the off on egr setting. I cleaned my chip legs two legs was so thin they fell off, I sodered some from a donor chip on them works good, being broke sucks.

I just have never spent much time EGR tuning, so don't take what I say as accurate. For the most part high performance engine EGR is turned off, stock engines on, conversions either on or off if they have it.

When accelerating from a start and slow MPH well the MPG is going to be lower. That other conversation started because I happened to find some bank 1 to bank 2 fueling correction with EGR on. Then I was surprised it was on during what I consider a load, not high but face it to get a vehicle moving from stop is a load, when up to speed and at cruise well load is a lot less and I could understand how EGR would help MPG.

BLMs should not change when EGR on or off because of the EGR fueling compensation. Going to be hard to trace any gains in MPG at low speeds like we are doing. May be better with the BPW, Injector Duty Cycle or MPG history tables, even then gains or losses are going to be small and hard to track.

Old School still works if you can get data from same section of road repeatedly. Lower TPS and higher MAP during same situation is always a good sign.

So you wore out a chip? That deserves some kind of honor or award!

With that many changes you may be better off with a ZIF socket in your G2 adapter when you get a new chip.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I changed the egr to where it was on all the time once the cts temp was met. the thing idles about normal, Robert was right just a little throttle it gets very chopy till it gets to about 4% throttle then it almost normal for as long as I run it, didn't run it long[ no gas ]. to do this experiment I going to wait till I get an ostrich or tune on the fly set up. I think the egr [ % an correction ] is why its chopy. weather it would benefit any thing I don't know just off the wall thinking ,but its to much tunning with out a fly set up.

Fuel Injected!
    I should have put to much playing.

Fuel Injected!
    I have changed my bin file to apaa, its a syn v6 bin,got a few ??s. what does throttle follower filter coeff for low-med- high vss do? the only time the asyn flag comes on in setting still an I reve it up an let off sitting still, seams like it reves up slower with this bin but it operates a lot smoother and I am not done tunning ve1. the mpg hac shows about the mileage the truck was getting acroding to the speedometer with the awdn bin about 65 mph-60-70-map. I think apaa an apab are both syn bins. ihave modified it some what,i for got to ask what air divert does, in the apaa bin the temp is maxed out? on this bin gm or someone else is using mph to enable egr I dint change that part of the bin, egale mark going to have to see if you will employment the esc lean cruise patch on this bin when I get done ajusting it the way I drive, its a sync bin I guess from gm for a 4.3 std trans for some reason I apply the patches an they fail, more than likely it operator eeror, I finaly got that patch to aply to my bin file, the syn bin gets about 2-3 mpgs at under 30 mph vs the asyn bin I was running operates smoother also. will see what happen at highway speed this week. with both patches apllied I come up with 57 bites differents in the bins instead of 55?
    Last edited by ony; 06-09-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    you may want to move my last post over to the lean cruise post.