Thread: yet another newbie

Carb and Points!

yet another newbie

Hello everybody !!
    I'm 60 yrs. old, young at heart but sadly.........." I have OFS. What is OFS, you may wonder? OFS stands for Old Fart Syndrome. Don't laff because you just might have it to !!! How can you tell ??? Here are some signs that you probably have OFS.
    1) IF, when you were young, you bought a vehicle that had air conditioning and you yanked it out as soon as you got home (along with the power steering pump, for more power.... of course!) .... BUT NOW.... won't even consider buying a vehicle unless it DOES have AC and PS, well ..... you probably have OFS.
    2) IF, when you were young, you regularly drove over the speed limit, collecting speeding tickets like they were badges of honor.. BUT NOW.... drive religiously at, or a hair under, the speed limit (because going to court cuts into your truck tinkering/ beer drinking time), well....you guessed it, OFS!!!
    3)IF, when you were young, someone flipped you the bird while toodlin' down the road, and you followed them till they had to stop for a red light or stop sign and then yanked them out of their car and proceeded to beat the everlovin' "$#!T " out of 'em.... BUT NOW..... quietly follow them home, wait for dark, tip toe up to their car and pour (deer) doe urine (you always carry it for just such an emergency) into the 'fresh air' vents at the bottom of their windshield, well then... sorry.... you got it too "
    (copyright 5/31/2013 Joel Kackstetter)

All seriousness aside..... I've been wanting to get into data logging/tuning for a long time. Already had a new laptop, so I did a ton of reading (mostly here, excellent info BTW) and bought a usb/aldl cable from reddevilriver.com for $45.00 (special forum member price w/free shipping !!!!).
    ATTENTION ALL OTHER NEWBIES: thanks to the great info from this this site AND Timm Bacher's(reddevilriver.com) x'lent tutorial videos @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5OBbJlc-UE , I got everything right the first time (driver loading, etc.) and started data logging with no connection problems what so ever !!

Well fellow gearheads, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello before I start asking technical questions. I am getting some strange readings and have some questions about them. I'll do a little more research first, then in my next post I will try to include all info needed for potential help. Thanks, MUGWAMPBRO
    Last edited by Mugwampbro; 06-01-2013 at 05:37 AM.