Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DA Data errors

DA Data errors

Have my BIN, XDF and ADX files loaded to Tuner Pro 5 RT. KOEO I have communication and no errors, KOER the data locks up and DA Data Error continuously flashes at bottom of screen. I've tried a couple different ADX files hoping for a result and all have same issue. Down loaded all my files from this site.

Also tried adding a "pause" "listen for silence" in the ADX editor, however my ADX menu doesn't look the same as the ones posted on TGO and TunerPro forum.

1227477 $42

Any ideas?

Planning on converting to the 16197427 soon, but just wanted to get my feet wet with my current setup.

Thanks Brian

Could be a noise issue.

Grab a DMM and check for ground at the ALDL connector, referenced to the battery and the ECM. Do this with the engine off and running, and look for a change there should not be or very minimally, like a shift of only a couple ohms if any. You can also use the voltage setting, and this should be at zero and remain at zero in any instance, if there is voltage shown on the ground at the ALDL when using either the battery negative or ECM (case is fine) then you have an issue with the ground lead at the ALDL, most likely.

Also while you're there, check the data line, and make sure that it's 5V at KOEO, and also at KOER, if the voltage drops off at KOER, then you may have an issue with the ECM, or possibly the grounding of the ECM to the engine block/heads.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

That 5v on data line can be off of 5v... but should be same KOEO and KOER.

Use the ADX file from $42 info thread with no changes, it's not a problem with the file.

What is this in? Conversion, hotrod, stock vehicle? One wire alternators, or old ones cause issues like this. EFI wires near any spark plug wires, coil and distributor have caused many an issue.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I've had no issues scanning truck with Snap-On Modis which makes me believe its not a DLC issue, however I'm willing to double check. Truck is just a stock 89 K1500 that I recently built engine with Dart 165s, GM RamJet cam, Eagle rotating with flat tops. Nothing crazy just wanting good usable torque for hauling/pulling. I got the ADX file $42-1227477-A3T(1).adx fromt this forum.

Thanks Brian

That one is for Turbo 400 and worked fine when I put it there? Should still connect although some data is differant... hmmm... I wonder if it asks for something you don't have?

For 700R4 you want $42-1227747-V5.adx here's a link to that post.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ull=1#post2207

-= =-

Truck is a 5spd and I believe I tried the ADX as well. According to my recent ADX list I tried the V3T, V3T(1) and V5.0 all pulled from your 1227477 info page. Could it be a Vista issue?

Not that I know of and I had to borrow the kids laptop last summer when mine died and it has Vista, no issues.

This 160 Baud is the easiest to hook up to as well. Not sure why you can connect not running though? Only thing I can think of is maybe cable installation driver issue? Read this:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...to-TunerPro-RT

-= =-

All the ALDL cable driver stuff seems to be in order.

Six Shooter you mention noise as a problem, could it be my inverter for my laptop plugged into the cig lighter? My laptop battery is shot and wont last 30secs with out being plugged in.

Yep, sometimes an inverter has poor filtering and can cause all sorts of issues.

Try using an extension cord in your driveway as a test.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I have an outdoor plugin two feet from my truck door in my carport! I give that a try.

It was the power inverter! Plugged into wall data streamed just like it should both KOEO and KOER. Luckily I have another inverter and it doesn't interfere.

Alright!

Thanks guys!

That's still strange the inverter caused issues only running?

-= =-

Bizarre I know, however just to be sure that was the cause I tried it with and without that specific inverter and it would cause the data error every time. Plugged into the wall or using the second inverter no issues.