Thread: G'day

Carb and Points!

G'day

Hey guys, just registered been following on this site for a few weeks and the wealth of knowledge and help here..... wow.
    By the way I did register with a gmail account is that a problem if so let me know asap.

So about me, well Im english, (Sorry) but I live in Colorado Springs, love it here. SO when I got here, I got myself an old jeep to head into the mountains with, of course it still had the stock carb. Took it right off and changed it to one from a T bird, ran great but got sick of the losin gpower when the fuel sloshed around so upgraded to a tbi from off an astro van. It ran great, but tended to be too rich and it was from an automatic and the jeep is a manual. SO got the EBL flash installed downloaded tuner pro and here I am lurking in the background trying to pick over the bones of knowledge I see out there, but eventually I have hit a brick wall and now could do with some help on how to adress my specific problems with tuner pro. Or even to be told to throw it all away and start again. Very very green with the tuning part but very interested in it. So there ya go a tad about my self.

Sy

My moms lived in London England during world war II, refugee and then American citizen, I've been to England twice. Cars don't have enough HP and roads are to small!

EBL and TunerPRo is top of the line. Just need to use it well!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Ha i hear ya. I'd never even seen a car with over 200k miles till i came to the good ole US of A. Glad i got top of the line, but you hit the nail on the head. You have to use them correctly. So where do i start?

EBL is known for excellent tech support, I'm sure it came with something?

Open TunerPro and load your XDF, ADX and bin file, either the bin from vehicle or a starter bin from the EBL, plug in the EBL.

This thread helps guys get going with TunerPro, just substitute the XDF, ADX and bin files for the ones that came with EBL.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-a-must-read!-)

It's easier then you think to get this part done, the tuning end takes some time, practice and patience.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    This is where I'm at. I got the bin file. I got the xdf file from the ebl flash, got some scalars, flags and tables to work with. I have a starting bin too. Did the ve learn and notice spikes in the low table. But I think most of my issues like the wot from standstill chokes the vehicle and it struggles to increase rpm. I have to pump the pedal a few times for rpm to increase. Now did just check fuel pursue and I think its kind of low do will change out the in tank pump and retry. I'm thinking that may help with my lean pop sound when slowing down too. But its all guess work right now like I said I'm anoob at tuning

What are you working on? Vehicle? Motor build specs? Estimated HP? Injector size?

Got to have fuel pressure correct. Without that it's all a waste of time.

If you had fuel pressure correct and enough injector, then what your describing needs more AE (Accelerator Enrichment) Pump shot in a carb. There's usually 2 AE TPS which is short and usually all you need to adjust on MPFI, and AE MAP which is longer and always needed on TBI.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Now that's the problem what you just said to me is double Dutch. I'm working on a Wrangler 4.3 I6. I put in astro can tbi, injectors pcm, fuel pump. It was all ok. It ran rich so I installed the ebl flash. It idles smooth but in putting that in I now have the stalling when slowing down, as well as the popping sound. Also vehicle struggles to set of in first. I thought it sounded like ae but when I looked at tuner pro there are like 5 settings for see that can be adjusted. And that's where my technical understanding his a brick wall

Well I don't think I can help you past that brick wall as I don't have the EBL files and bin and your not supposed to give them out in public.

I've done a lot of 4.0 and 4.3L I6 engines and the best improvement to tuning was not using the Async V6 bin/chip and using a Sync fueling bin from a V8, modified of course. Most of the starter bins in EBL are for modified V8 engines, so once again I'm at a terrible disadvantage. But your not. Just Contact RBob at Dynamic. He is known for great support.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    +1 on talking to RBob, he's the best, if I ever find myself in the OBD1 world again, I'm throwing my money at him!

Carb and Points!
    Ok Eagle let me get this straight your saying i should try a v8 bin for tuning my i6? You also said two other things im not so sure on. You said that the ae tps is usually short by two is that correct? And what is an ae map? Ill look for r bob too see if he can help me out is he on here?

Well a modified V8 SYnc FUeling bin set to 6 cylinders. Not a V6 Async fueling bin.

AE MAP is a longer pump shot to finish what AE TPS started.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Ah I get you do instead of the async v6 bin its just a regular v8 bin. Now where do I get one of those. I wonder if there is one on my cd. Do I adjust ae map up or also adjust AE tps ?