Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anywhere to acquire tunercats?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I was looking through Platform options in the 2002 0411 12212156 OS and the calibration for the Vortec is the only one checked for Low Resolution Crank GMT610 IIRC which is the Van that came with Vortec engine and this PCM.
    I see that under vehicle platform #6 has these checked off, but how did you know that #6 is teh GMT610 van? Are the vehciles [platforms #1 through #10 defined somewhere? or did you come to this conclusion by comparing many differnt 41 2156 o/s's?

thanks

peace
    PAuly

PS . I started compiling info over at PPE, then a gentleman named Airdeano helped me figure out that the "8.1l PCM" could be used to control an L31 engine. We went through the pinouts together and it all fit. Once this was proven, Jeff took the ball and ran with it, and HE made the blackbox to 0411 PCM swap possible for the masses. Jeff did all the hard work.

It is defined in EFI Live.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Excellent, thank you muchly.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Hey eric i've got a shortstar file,will have to check if it is .bin or .cal .
    At least pretty sure it is,the shelby series 1 was a shortstar right?
    I get my slang mixed up sometimes :)
    I'll post it up when I get a chance and i'm on laptop,though someone else here might have it.

Fuel Injected!
    well, I should have tunercats here in the next couple of days...

Dear wallet,

I'm sorry.

V/R

Eric.

Fuel Injected!
    Don't apologize,so easy to make the money back when you aren't vin-locked by tuning nazi's that it's stupid.
    It'll be one of the best tuning purchases you've made and you won't regret it.
    Start tuning people for hard settings like cats,egr,tire/gearing etc.
    Charge em $100 apeice and use it to build your VDF library ($80 ea).
    If you don't make the money back in a year easy AND have a crapload of def files than it's not TCII,it's you
    :)

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Don't apologize,so easy to make the money back when you aren't vin-locked by tuning nazi's that it's stupid.
    It'll be one of the best tuning purchases you've made and you won't regret it.
    Start tuning people for hard settings like cats,egr,tire/gearing etc.
    Charge em $100 apeice and use it to build your VDF library ($80 ea).
    If you don't make the money back in a year easy AND have a crapload of def files than it's not TCII,it's you
    :)
    lol

I didn't really think about it, but do I need to buy a VDF with my RR guts kit? or will I get a free one since it's the initial purchase?

Roadrunner plus TunerCat OBDII comes with the needed vdf. Should also buy the cable for flashing stock PCM.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Roadrunner plus TunerCat OBDII comes with the needed vdf. Should also buy the cable for flashing stock PCM.

I plan to. will tunercat allow you to save files as a .bin and not just a .cal? if so, I can flash through my DHP,

Fuel Injected!
    Tunercat will flash .bin or .cal pretty sure.
    Can't remember flashing a .bin though so not sure on that.
    You can save as a .bin when you upload from pcm.
    press "ctrl+T" and you will see a seperate "test" option come up.
    That will make TC download as a .bin
    post up when your ready and we can walk you thru if needed (might take a pm to prod me here since I haven't had much time to skim posts lately).

You can save as .bin, but winflash will not flash a .bin file to a pcm

Fuel Injected!
    And if you have previous VDF's tehre is a license you buy to port all those VDF's for R/T OBD2 use.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Hey eric i've got a shortstar file,will have to check if it is .bin or .cal .
    At least pretty sure it is,the shelby series 1 was a shortstar right?
    I get my slang mixed up sometimes :)
    I'll post it up when I get a chance and i'm on laptop,though someone else here might have it.
    Shelby Series 1 was a 4.0 Olds Aurora V8 that had the L37-4.6l-300hp camshafts installed. Supposedly rated at 320hp, but was far short of that. This is why those Shelby Series 1-0411 PCM calibrations have such bloody high rev limits and shiftpoints. Camshafts designed for 300hp in a 4.6 liter engine, installed into a smaller 4.0 engine.
    There was also the 275hp 4.6 Northstar, it came with higher 3.2:1 transaxle gearing and smaller higher torque 275hp camshafts vs. the L37 300hp cams that ran the lower 3.7:1 transaxle gear

The 4.6 and the 4.0 are both Northstar engines at heart, the Shortstar is a Cadillac 3.5 6 cylinder engine. Like a Northstar with cylinders lopped off, making is shorter, or a "Shortstar".

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    The 4.6 and the 4.0 are both Northstar engines at heart, the Shortstar is a Cadillac 3.5 6 cylinder engine. Like a Northstar with cylinders lopped off, making is shorter, or a "Shortstar".

peace
    Hog
    kinda, but they are a little more different then that.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjon262 View Post
    kinda, but they are a little more different then that.
    Obviously they are differnt than that since the 93 mm (3.7") bore and 84mm(3.3") of the 4.6 and the 87mm(3.4") and the stroke was 84 mm (3.3") of the L47 4.0L dont match the 89.5 mm(3.52" )bore and stroke is 92mm(3.6") of the LX5 shortstar V6.
    It doesnt have exactly the same relationship of V8 to V6 like the 5.7l V8 and the 4.3 V6 have. But the LX5 is called a "Shortstar" because is resemles the Northstar V8's with 2 cylinders lopped of. "Shortstar" is purely a name of which was enthusiasts creation with ZERO official reference from GM.

The 3.5 was one of teh more costly engines to develop and was used VERY little.

peace
    Hog