Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anywhere to acquire tunercats?

Fuel Injected!

anywhere to acquire tunercats?

do any of you know where I can get tunercats OBDII without a RR or dealing with jet? I'm willing to pay for it, but I don't think my app is supported by a RR, and I don't feel like having to pay to tune multiple vehicles... I am willing to pay for it, I just can't find it...
    Last edited by ericjon262; 05-09-2013 at 09:38 AM.

The only way to purchase TunerCat OBDII is with a Roadrunner, it was licensed before the sale to Jet DST.

People that own it don't sell, it's worth way more then any other software. TunerCat is still making new VDF files for it as well as updates, there were just a bunch this month.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    bummer... well, maybe I'll try to make the RR work for my application...

I like mine and it replaced a Vortec PCM... so it can run a distributor as well as Coil on Plug, not sure what it would take to run DIS?

-= =-

Super Moderator
    you may still be able to acquire the tunercat dealer kit.... that will allow programming, but no calibration editing.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I'm mainly interested in the calibration aspect of the software, I can change the programming in tunerpro. the tunercats software has a larger database then both DHP, and tiny tuner, and I imagine HP tuners too.

I was thinking about trying to do the RR thing, but now I think I'll pass for the time being.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I like mine and it replaced a Vortec PCM... so it can run a distributor as well as Coil on Plug, not sure what it would take to run DIS?
    I imagine it could do it, as the main thing is that it just replaces the flash chip, my concern is that no-one to my knowledge has done it, so it may not fit in the case if the flash chip isn't located in the same manner.

Fuel Injected!
    has anyone ever tried using a roadrunner on a GM V6 PCM? I'm thinking more and more about trying to do this. I opened up a junk PCM a couple weeks ago, and I see the chip there, there's no reason I couldn't handle the soldering aspect of the install. my main concern is like I stated earlier about the possible FF issue.

Super Moderator
    i don't see why it couldn't be done.... after all, the roadrunner is simply a 512KB prom emulator. if the same PROM is used between the LS1 and V6 PCMs, then there is no real difference between what it would be doing in either PCM.

could ask Moates directly, since he seems to be online again.

Fuel Injected!
    Any reason your stuck on the RR?
    You have to buy it in the TCII package from craig but there is no reason you have to use it.
    Just sell it to someone on efilive or ls1tech boards.

AJ was working on the 0411 and northstars awhile back,and I want to say thomas was working something as well with maybe the 3800's.
    I know thomas can switch 3800's to dual bank as well as dual flash I believe.

Robert,this is what I was thinking about when I asked about the crank resolution and correltation stuff awhile back offhand.
    I built a prototype cam sensor for the 60*V6's to convert the gen1/2's to OBDII.
    But the main goal was to get a better handle on the cam/crank/firing order stuff in the software so I could find a way to alter the crank signal to either 24x or 58x to adapt a 12200411 similar to the vortec mod.
    If you can run an 0411 you can run a roadrunner.

fortunately on the vortec 0411 swap we found the express van file where gm did the work for us.

fortunately on the vortec 0411 swap we found the express van file where gm did the work for us.
    That means it can be done in software...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    That's what I figured,and jeff or pauly is the one that figured out GM used another calibration for that pcm in the other platform.
    IIRC the LS 0411 bin supports 24x or 58x crank and 1x or 4x cam signal,utilizing coil on plug.
    whereas the vortec has the 1x cmp and 4x ckp with distributor.
    Quite a bit of difference,but I haven't had a chance to dig furthur into it.
    (though i've got feelers out looking for various overseas bins jic )

Somewhere the computer has the firing angle,crank resolution etc built into an algo i'm assuming.
    I hope to simply find a 60 degree file that will work after some minor mods.
    Though due to some recent project changes i'm thinking of dumping all my 60* stuff and just sticking with 3800.
    Might be easier,at least it is still 90* banks so firing angle will be similar.

Anyway,nothing i'm smart enough to figure out quickly if at all. Just something filed in the back of my mind that is interesting.

Super Moderator
    firing angle on a 3800 is 72 or 70* IIRC.... while the 60V6 uses 60*.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Any reason your stuck on the RR?
    You have to buy it in the TCII package from craig but there is no reason you have to use it.
    Just sell it to someone on efilive or ls1tech boards.
    I'm not really stuck on the RR, but if I'm gonna spend the money, I'm gonna take the benefits that come with it.

I think we could hack together the shortstar and 60V6 programming and make something cool work here, I just need to get my hands on a short* bin file to see what else is in there, and hopefully there's a tuner that supports it so I don't have to do as much leg work.

I was looking through Platform options in the 2002 0411 12212156 OS and the calibration for the Vortec is the only one checked for Low Resolution Crank GMT610 IIRC which is the Van that came with Vortec engine and this PCM.

-= =-