Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting VE Fueling tables with BLM data Tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by JTodd View Post
    Hi im really new to all this so please bare with me
    I have followed ur steps to the t... gfreat tutorial, but at the end when u said delte everything lower then 5 then add in spreadsheet with similar numbers how do u know what are similar numbers , is there a pattern im not seeing... also once im done with my ve table and save it to bin what is the next step. I have bin reading thre\ds and googling and i just cant get straight answers or i need them explained more thoroughly . my objective is to get more pwer torque and fuel savings for my truck and i have the equipment but not enough knowledge please help

Thanks
    I think your asking about the Running Sample Count? If the Running Sample Count is less than 5 in a VE cell, the Running Average should not be used for correcting VE in that cell.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup Dave got it! Actually he's the one who taught it first!

When I said to fill in spreadsheet with similar numbers after taking out History Average with 5 or less counts... this takes a little practice and thought, look for patterns and trends in the BLM History table numbers you entered in spread sheet. You will never be able to data log them all. But they all count! Remember Interpolation of cells? Remember smoothing by using Graph mode and visual pictures of the graph? What is going to happen if you adjust say 8 cells in an area to 108 and one did not have data? When you paste the VE table back into bin and look in graph that cell is going to be a Peak or Valley! There will be lots of manual cleaning up to do to make the VE table smooth again.

Example: You have the 800 RPM row with BLM data like this
    xxx,xxx,xxx,108,110,112,114,xxx,xxx,xxx
    Fill in the blank/xxx cells with

If there was no data in row above that, the 400RPM row what is going to happen when you paste in VE to bin and look at it in graph? It's not smooth, way off and is going to effect the 800 row you adjusted because of interpolation.

Final VE table you use in your rig does not have to be perfectly smooth, but should have a visual shape to it. Because of interpolation starting with smoother table makes adjjusting from data so much easier.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I know this an old thread. Thank you EagleMark. That was a well done tutorial.

Fuel Injected!
    im taking an hour and a half trip on Sunday. It will be a mix of higway and local driving. You think TunerPro will be able to handle that long of a log for the history tables? Or should I split it into multiple logs?
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

What about for the Near Idle VE Correction? Do you drive around and do about the same?

Only the TBI computers (with red / blue connectors) from 1993 ~ 1995 will have both near idle and off idle fuel / spark tables.

Near idle has two qualifying parameters:
    MPH less than 3 MPH
    TPS less than 2.7%

The exported log file will show when the idle flag is on. For near idle, I use only the data when the idle flag is on.

TunerPro RT Does Not filter the near idle data using the idle flag on data.

dave w

I have swapped to the 16197427 ecm and happy with it so far. Sitting still at idle i only filled mabe 3 blm blocks on the near idle

Can you post a data log I can "Crunch"?

dave w

Let Dave look at your your data log, he will be able to give you some advise.
    But you can also raise the mph (maybe 8 mph) and tps % slightly which will keep it in the idle area a little longer. This should help you fill a few more cells and help build a good idle table. Once you get a good idle table you can bring those setting back to where they were.

Ill get data log when i get home later.

Made this short run for warm up and idle at the end. AE keeps going active at idle, I did raise the map difference with no luck need to try something different. Open throttle VE tables still off a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_1377 View Post
    Made this short run for warm up and idle at the end. AE keeps going active at idle, I did raise the map difference with no luck need to try something different. Open throttle VE tables still off a lot too.
    $OD.adx?

dave w

yea sorry forgot to include that

Attached is my VE summary for the 4.xdl file.

My spreadsheet filters the near idle data when the idle flag is active, it also filters out AE, PE, and Open Loop data. TunerPro RT history tables do not filter the data like my spreadsheet.

Overall the tune in rich. One option would be increase the injector flow which will LEAN all VE Cells, both near and off idle. I would increase the injector flow in 1 lb increments, until the VE data showed some rich / some lean BLM's. I would then fix the VE table with the attached spreadsheet.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Do these tools work for any mask or just the TBI masks?