Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adjusting VE Fueling tables with BLM data Tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    Do these tools work for any mask or just the TBI masks?
    The tools posted can be adapted to other masks by changing the MAP (Kpa) vs. RPM tables to the correct number of cells and values.

The correction factor formula is (BLM Average/128). TunerPro RT history tables can be configured to show BLM averages.

dave w

Thanks ill give tjat a try, speaking of that I tried to see what my injector size was but could not make out any numbers or colors other then the orange insulators on the pins. My bin is set for 61 lb/hr as of right now, ill try increasing. Also is o2 data bouncing normal?

Electronic Ignition!
    Is there one of those spreadsheets for the 7730. I looked on several threads but didn't see any. I smoothed me ve tables and went and datalogger a short trip with ALDLDROID. My BLM is all over the place. Trying to figure out how to make the changes I need.

The attached spreadsheet is what I use for $8D. The spreadsheet IS NOT Microsoft Excel beginning user friendly!

After "crunching" the data log with the Analyzer spreadsheet, I use the $8D VE Fixer spreadsheet.

Pay close attention to 1600 RPM's VE values, they are shared in both lower and upper tables and must match!! Interpolate the 1600 RPM valves not shared in the lower VE table.

The attached Excel spreadsheet will not work with Open Office.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Electronic Ignition!
    Cant seem to get it to work on my tablet either. Is there a file for it I can download on my tablet and transfer to my computer. I have no internet for my computer.

Do you have Microsoft Excel? You need it and the attached spreadsheet above

Electronic Ignition!
    Yeah I pretty sure I have excel. But when I click on the spreadsheet attached it only shows me a bigger picture. Can't seem to download it. Also I'm using $A1 mask. Will it even work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 88GTTuesday View Post
    I'm using $A1 mask. Will it even work for me.
    No, unfortunately the spreadsheet is for $8D only.

dave w

My off idle history table goes by 5s all the way across and the spreadsheet goes by 5s and 10s, I know i can copy and paste them in the right place but was wondering if there is another correction table to match or if i could find the complete factor to make one?

Maybe the spreadsheet I have in this thread will help? I think you can modify the tables to match $A1. Excel is doing the math, you can change the RPM's and Kpa's to match $A1 and delete the cells you don't need.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...r-Spread-Sheet

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    super helpful thread! I'm using this guide to adjust a bin file,to start logging data. My BURN 2 is supposed to arrive Friday!

Couple questions. I'm on $31.
    AIR, I didn't think this vehicle had an AIR pump. The Min Temp for Air in my bin, is already set high to 147.5 C. Looks like I am set there.
    PE disable, I changed min MPH for PE, to be really high
    EGR, bumped up min MPH for EGR
    I couldn't find any parameters for the other two items to disable, and I think that my bin doesn't have those features.

onto my question, I smoothed the VE table, however I don't see an option to save those new values. They stay red in the map, even when I save the bin. Is it not possible to save those?

Or do you have to smooth the table every time? Why not change the values in the table to be the smoother from the start?

Fuel Injected!
    Wish I could delete this last post now, as I figured it out! It appears that scalars are saved when you tell TP5 to save the bin. If you attempt to close a modified table, it prompts you to commit the changes to the current bin or not. That way you can save the changes.

Perhaps it'll help another user!