Thread: Greetings

Fuel Injected!

Greetings

new guy here, seeking info and what NOT to do,
    have a turbo buick (GN) so am somewhat familiar with EFI
    but am starting a twin turbo SBC in my 57 chevy using cutler set up, need a ECM, so am open for suggestions.
    thanks

Re: Greetings

Hope to here more of the Buick Turbo!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

My suggestion would be to use the LS 0411 PCM for a twin turbo SBC. I've designed a bolt on crank position sensor for my 0411 project, but using the stock SBC 1997 - 2002 Vortec timing cover and sensor also work with the LS 0411 PCM. The advantage I see to using the LS 0411 PCM is using both MAP, MAF, and dual O2 sensors. The LS 0411 PCM is sequential fire. Just a note about budget planning for the LS 0411 PCM, the software is not low cost compared the other ECM / PCM software.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would like to play with the '411 PCM in the not too distant future. There are some files that should be available soon for use with that PCM and Tuner Pro RT. :D
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter

I would like to play with the '411 PCM in the not too distant future. There are some files that should be available soon for use with that PCM and Tuner Pro RT. :D
    That TunerPro RT for the 0411 PCM would be AWESOME!!! Just wonder if the TunerPro RT version would be able to do a full memory flash? It would also be AWESOME if TunerPro RT could do a crank position learn?

Sign me up as a Beta Tester for the TunerPro RT 0411 files!

dave w

Fuel Injected!

I am currently using a "Fast" controller unit, on the Buick, its very adjustable/ tuneable.
    I am interested in the 411 pcm, where can I obtain more info?
    is this "batch fire " or sequential?

I also run a 96 corvette LT1 in my 71 el camino, using OEM computer, looking for 25 + MPG!

Fuel Injected!

here is the "cutler " set up i'm planning to use,
    I believe it's an edelbrock throttle body,
    Attached Images Attached Images

[quote=dave w]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Six_Shooter":37jx1wnm

That TunerPro RT for the 0411 PCM would be AWESOME!!! Just wonder if the TunerPro RT version would be able to do a full memory flash? It would also be AWESOME if TunerPro RT could do a crank position learn?

Sign me up as a Beta Tester for the TunerPro RT 0411 files!

dave w[/quote:37jx1wnm]

I don't have all the information, but what I have been able to gather is that the tuning can be done with Tuner Pro, then uploaded using a different program, since TP doesn't natively support flashing of PCMs.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.