Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Block learn maxing out

Do you have gasoline or gasoline mixed with ethanol over there? Makes a difference on how to set up bin and how to set up the Innovate... I'm guessing LC-1? Don't think that gauge will read accurate to anything but 14.7 to 1 AFR, but having data accurate is better and just get used to different numbers on gauge.

I'll help with BLM cells for you as long as you look and learn, pass it on! But your playing with way to much spark for me, I'm a wimp when it comes to that much spark, actually your driving load and WOT looks safe, but some of the cruise and decel scare me... just an opinion... and I didn't look hard for all adders.

IIRC Super AUJP is a better mask and options, but the bin is stock. Just a worked over mask for better tuning. Guys have lots of work into it. Is that the mask/XDF your using?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

The wideband gauge is http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php and is working fine....
    Here in th UK I am running on standard pump petrol/gas. I am more than willing to learn and pass on this info but its all new to me and its a one step at a time learning program.It would be great to find a way to datalog with the wideband and that is what my new undertaking is to be, but finding the parts to do this is NOT easy in the UK and all parts preety much need to be sourced form where you guys are over the pond.

Again thanks for all you help on this IAN...
    Last edited by myredprky; 05-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Getting WB data is easy, look though this thread and get all the Super AUJP files. WB instructions are there, no parts needed.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D

Standard petrol/pump gas here is E10, last I dealt with UK it was worse. Difference is AFR of gas is 14.7, E10 is 14.13. Makes a difference in how the tune and WB works if you set up Stioch or desired AFR correctly.

I set up the BLM tables for you and raised the idle to 900, this should help idle MAP as well as getting BLM tables working so you don't see the drastic changes in BLM. Look at the SUper_AUJP for WB as well as other helpers. Not sure your idle spark table is working. With that high a MAP at idle it could use more spark. Always verify your spark at timing marks to data and bin to see if everything is set correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Thanks very very much,looking through it I now see how its done.What do I need to do to the spark timing at idle and low load areas ???? because looking at the tables at 900 rpm its already started to go to over 30deg???? or does the closed throttle sparl timing overide this ???

Cheers IAN..
    Last edited by myredprky; 05-23-2013 at 01:33 AM.

finchy.xdf This is the xdf I am using with this bin...
    any good ???
    Could not find any info on how to attach the wideband to my setup, I am not using an auto prom I have a Moates aldu1 and cabl1 and I also have an ostrich2 which I used just once to see if it worked...
    any ides ????

cheers IAN..

Quote Originally Posted by myredprky View Post
    Thanks very very much,looking through it I now see how its done.What do I need to do to the spark timing at idle and low load areas ???? because looking at the tables at 900 rpm its already started to go to over 30deg???? or does the closed throttle sparl timing overide this ???

Cheers IAN..
    Does not seen like closed spark table is working in data? which we would have to figure out why? Some setting on TPS or? Maybe it is and I don't see a bias or CTS setting.

I'd loose the entire spark advance table and go back to a stock AUJP. You've got up to 17 degrees added in places there should be none added? Also idle area has none added to compensate for the cam you have.

Use that last bin I made changes to BLM and swap in stock AUJP timing table then do another short data log, get some idle time at end warmed up, Rev motor to 1500 or so and let idle again. Then I'd have something to look at and figure out.

This bin has a 6 degree base timing setting as well. Do you have distributor set to 6 degrees advance with bypass wire disconnected?

-= =-

As far as I know it is a super aujp spark map with a little more timing at high load!
    I have done a datalog today with the new blm setting and it ran realy realy well thank you !!
    I will post the log up tommorrow. Th e engine runs cool with a 78 deg thermostat fitted and runs around that figure. Yes I have set the timing at six deg with the tan wire disconnected. Getting the wideband to datalog now would be great and I would be better able to adjust high rpm/throttle areas ..

Cheers ian

Getting WB data is easy, look though this thread and get all the Super AUJP files. WB instructions are there, no parts needed.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D
    IIRC Pin F14 on the ECM with WB data. It's already in the ADX... have you used the Super_AUJP Bin XDF and ADX yet? If not you should.

Just click the scaler for LC_1 data...

It's all documented in the Super-AUJP files in the thread above.

-= =-

It's a 1227727 ecm is the wideband input won't be on pin f14 cos its only got
    A B C D connectors ???
    will the add Edd files still be the same and I will cross reference what f14 is and transfer it to the 1227727 ECM.

cheers ian ..
    Last edited by myredprky; 05-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.

It looks like the 1227727 equivalent pin to the 1227730/7749 pin F14 is C21. This input is also known as MAP 2.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Thanks very much...

ATTACH]4767[/ATTACH]

here is latest datalog if anyone wants a look/advise.

Cheers Ian.
    Last edited by myredprky; 05-24-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Changing the BLM RPM and MAP sure cleaned up BLM!

Your spark advance still scares me, all those 40+ degree advance are not just decel. You are cruising in some up to 45-49 advance. Then you are also entering Highwya Lean Cruise and desired AFR changes to 15.xx AFR and adds 3-4 degrees more timing. Although the limit is 45.

What really scares me is you never had Knock Retard and never once had Knock Counts?

Closed throttle spark is working fine. You could add 4 degrees to the lower numbers and see if that brings MAP down... still at 60 map at idle.

What are cam specs @.050 and Lobe seperation?

-= =-

My cam specs look here.
    http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...?csid=214&sb=2
    I will try and take out some timing at cruise and light throttle...
    on the 41026a bin what should I chang in order to use it?, should I just swap in my ve tables and leave the timing as is ???
    I have found where to enable the wideband datalog function and where to copy over the blm boundries ??? Sould I enable the extended ve tables??,,The knock sensor being used is the early 1227165 version with the remote circuit but it is wired direct to the ecu with a resistor fitted and I got to admit this is how I was told to do it by the guy here in th UK that I got the ecu off when I changed from the 1227165 to the 7727 ecm but I am not convinced its working ok (although I cant here any pinking).If someone can tell me the part number for the correct one I should be able to source one here in the uk. The trouble we have here in the UK is that all parts suppliers now use only the vehicle reg to identify parts are none has the time to do it the old fashioned way !!!! and as the engine is not an oem fit they dont wanna know..

Cheers IAN..
    Last edited by myredprky; 05-24-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Those cam specs show why your having idle issues. RPM Range 1800 to 5800... see the 1800? That's where it starts to make power. That kind of cam needs a high stall torque converter in auto trans. High numerical gear ratio in rear end. Need to keep the motor revved up... not a good MPG situation but sure a lot of fun to drive set up right.

I would just copy the stock AUJP timing table into what you have and work on idle for now. Then knock sensor!

For the other items? I don't have an in depth knowledge of SUPER_AUJP but I do believe it's all the same parameters, so you can use your bin as compare and transfer stuff. The only changes were made to extra space, the only items that don't work anymore is CCP and PROM ID... it's all well documented so just read and play with it.

Also has an Open Loop Idle option which may work well with your cam since you have a Wide Band to tune idle with.

This document may help figure out your knock sensor swap?

-= =-

41026A.BIN
    JP8D V4 1024.adx
    8D_SAUJP_V4a.xdf
    Icant get the above files to work with my setup,they install ok on pc but no date is comming through to datalog ..

any ideas ?????

cheers IAN.