Thread: PWM Electric Water Pump control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was finally able to spend some time (not a whole lot) on trying my hand at writing code a few weeks ago. I didn't really write anything original, just combined a few of the tutorials to simulate what I want to accomplish. It takes a little getting used to writing a set of instructions that don't run concurrently. Like if you write a delay for 3 seconds, nothing else happens until the delay is up. So I have to start thinking about using counters? Where with every cycle it ads 1 to a counter, then causes function to occur at 'x' count and reset the counter right? But then doesn't the rate that the counter counts at depend on the number of instructions? Oh, so much to learn.

Unfortunately I won't have much time in the near future to get much more done, just too much going on right now to really devote a lot of time to my own stuff. Oh well.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

You're talking about a for loop.

But what you really want when you want more than one operation or set of instructions to run at a time (Technically they always do, but that's nitty gritty details), look at the blink without delay example. I recently learned how to use it and it's great, I can have the serial monitor update once a second, so that I can actually catch the values being displayed while the something else that uses the same input can update instantly without affecting the other operation.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.