Thread: Adjusting the VE table, I'm not sure I understand it, but I tried it.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Adjusting the VE table, I'm not sure I understand it, but I tried it.

So I finally decided to try and adjust the VE table since the numbers looked to be on the rich side.

I've read what seemed like several different ways of doing this and I'm not sure I understand it.

In any case, I decided to try it and see what happens.

The first two pictures are the blm and int with no changes made to the VE table.

The next two, I adjusted the VE table by using the formula where: BLM/INT*(VE1 value + VE adder)-VE ADDER. I then left the values in the VE adder table.

These were done the next day where I drove the freeway home so I could get into the higher rpm's to see where those numbers were sitting.

The next two are after an adjustment made to the higher rpm's and a long drive on the freeway.

I'm not real sure of how much closer I could get with them, but I am hoping that I've done the adjustments properly. It sure seems to run pretty nicely.

The freeway I traveled speed limit is 75 where 90 is not much of an issue if you aren't tailgating. The speedo max on my truck is 85, but I had her up to 90 by the gps reading and it felt like she had more to give. I just wasn't sure I wanted to take it further because who in the world knows when the last time that thing was past 80mph.

Also, if you look at the logs, the knock counts, I don't believe are correct. One of my logs showed a total knock count of 27, and I know that was bogus because the program started with 27 before I even started the engine.

The attached log is from Friday afternoon. No other adjustments were made prior to this log other than what was described above.

Anyways,

Thanks for any advice, criticism, and or comments.
    Attached Files Attached Files