Quote Originally Posted by srgould41 View Post
My cam has the exact same specs as yours. It's even out of the same year and vehicle ;)

David, any thoughts on his comment about the injectors and timing?

My Holly Blue pump is modded for 18 PSI, but I have not modded the TBI regulator.
"Had to correct the BPW in the chip and rework the VE table to make it run best."

That's the key to tuning! There are slight tuning differences (VE ~ BPW) between engines, even when the engines are identical.

I posted a Base Pulse Width (BPW) calculator here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...BPW-Calculator

The BPW calculator is usually accurate within +/- 2 BPW for the 1227747 for a mild performace cam, and usually dead on calculation with a stock cam.

The only accurate way to tune is with data logs and wide band O2. Anything else is an estimate of what the engine needs. The BPW calculator would support my suggestion that a 305 engine with 305 injectors programmed with the stock BPW would be a good estimate to start with. The BPW calculator would support my suggestion that a 305 with 350 injectors programmed with the stock BPW would be rich.

Without seeing what the actual corrections are for a specific engine, I would expect the BPW calculator to be "Close Enough" as a starting point for most mild cam upgrades. I've tuned engines that required small fuel pressure adjustments, and small BPW adjustments, after using the BPW calculator, but I had data to show how much change was needed.

dave w