Thread: Tuning Equipment - Laptops!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tuning Equipment - Laptops!

We've never really talked about a piece of equipment we all need for tuning? Just the cables from to hardware needed, software, drivers and installations.

So I figured a thread on laptops. All this tuning software does not need much. My first was so old and slow it's hardly get on the internet but used WinALDL and TunerPro just fine. 400mhz? Like 256 mb of ram? Need a little more then that today.

I've had a high end HP entertainment/desktop replacement type Laptop for about 4 years now. Spent a ton on it back then just before I built this website and literally wore a grove into the mouse touchpad, along with wearing out a wireless mouse and several keys are worn so bad you can't see the letters. The hard drive has overheated several times because of the incoming cooling air vent on bottom, when I set it on the seat of a vehicle it just does not get enough air. Well it finally died and I replaced the hard drive and now it's in retirement on my desk hooked to a 32 inch HD TV, wireless keyboard and mouse, nety work cables and wireless network.

The portable replacement is a Panisonic Toughbook CF-74 I found on eBay, lots of them out there cheap but most are beat up and lots of hours. HArdly any come with a hard drive. I found this one with 510 hours on it, not a scratch, hard drive removed for $157 shipped! Installed a 128GBB SSD hard drive $100, 4GB ram $32 got a charger $15 and original windows 98 pro install disk, manufactures version for the machine with all drivers etc for $25.

Unbelievable machine for 2006 and was a later version with 2.0ghz Intel duo core, touchscreen, wireless, network, modem, SD slot, PC card slots, bluetooth, serial, USB, anti glare screen, etc... Original retail was $3499.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-