Thread: Centrafuse....

Fuel Injected!

Centrafuse....

Anyone ever hear or read about this? Someone(at work) told me about this today, they use it for the datastream from a Chevy Tahoe, 2000 vintage.

http://www.centrafuse.com/Default.aspx
    '86 Grand National

Super Moderator
    http://www.centrafuse.com/CentrafuseAuto.aspx

seems like it's more for a dedicated "carputer" than anything else.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    http://www.centrafuse.com/CentrafuseAuto.aspx

seems like it's more for a dedicated "carputer" than anything else.
    with technology developing as fast as it been a centralized "carputer" could be able to control everything, no? Also, someone knowlegeable like you could put together a nice OBDII app and sell it in the market, make a few bucks. Not sure how well the current app for that works but from talking to another colleague, the app leaves alot to be desired.
    '86 Grand National

Super Moderator
    reasonable assumption, everything is computer controlled these days. i don't see any reason why you couldn't hook into the OBD2 port and datalog/code reset/etc, assuming you had the software loaded to do so. an ELM327 cable and one of the free logging packages would be sufficient for anyone not tuning a car, those that are should already have a tuning package with logging software and hardware included.

i think the only question is temporary laptop or permanant carputer, if you need access to these types of things often.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    im not up to speed on all the newest stuff, sucks having limited funds and not being able to buy something to experiement with. I thought there was a touchscreen PC on the market as of recently, small enough package to build into dash and have everything right there. A friend of mine has a carputer in his S197 with and old touchscreen interface built into the dash. the center vents have been replaced with the TS and the carputer is housed in a DeWalt battery drill box in the trunk. 10 years ago that would be neat but nowadays it is unecessary clutter. To have one central computer to for engine controls, BCM, diagnostics, tuning, etc. would be awesome. The guy that told me about centrafuse is a small IT business owner, also a pilot. Anyway he explained how you can build a linux(?) to match your needs. Most of the stuff he told me about went right over my head so I might have misunderstood. To custom build something like that would be pretty awesome IMO. It might take a few brains to put one together but with stuff like MS out there it can be possible. I guess im just rambling though, wheels always turning.....
    '86 Grand National