Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 1st idle run with 1227747 ecm and modded bin.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    before I started tunning my chip when it would get 95-105 temp out side I would get any where from 160-pass 255 cause the counter would rest stock chip,that was at 70mph start up a incline kkkkkkkkk guess gm didn't think it would hurt nothing? I run the digital dash it always resets when I shut the key off.
    Funny you are seeing that on a 4.3. I fixed an Astro van once upon a time with a knocking HO 4.3 TBI. The fix involved first seafoaming the truck. That halved the number of knock counts I was seeing. Then I checked the fuel pressure because the BLM was running over 135 across the board. It was at 9 PSI. I broke the factory spot weld and increased the pressure up to a more desireable 12 psi. Finally I dropped the PE settings to a more appropriate throttle position. High Load + Closed loop = Knock

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, I've not done any removal of spark yet, unless you are referring to ONY.

Fuel Injected!
    that was 3 years ago had all them knocks, the fuel pressure runs 11psi , alittle low but that is the way its been for 9 years. after started tunning better performance , mpg, less oil burnning

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    Mark, I've not done any removal of spark yet, unless you are referring to ONY.
    That was for you. It's obvious real spark knock counts during cold operation. Look at this table and remove some spark from that temp and Vacuum. Note this table is vacuum and not MAP. 2 degrees should do the trick.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, I don't know which table you are referring to.

Sorry, I usually quote the table I'm refering to like this... "SA - Coolant Comp Spk Adv" looks like I forgot...

It's in the Spark folder.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, will do that Mark, hopefully later today.

As it stands right now, and having done nothing on it for the past few days since upping the IAC desired idle rpm, it seems that the IAC and tps voltage have settled in. The TPS voltage is solid at .62 upon ignition on and in idle. I set this initially to .59

The IAC counts are pretty stable between 15-25 at idle in gear at operating temp. Idle is pretty smooth and stable.

The only issue, outside that knocking previously mentioned, is that the idle during an initial warm up after sitting for more than 6 hours seems jittery, if that makes sense. It's not sputtering or blatantly missing, but seems slightly rough. Not sure what is going on there.

Sounds like you have TPS voltage and IAC counts dialed in. Remember they will change a little from summer to winter and always when cold to hot. In the end always check them last in a data log or after a drive. That's a tip you won't read on the internet but here as it took me a long time to figure it out. If you do it that way it works like a charm on every vehicle.

Not sure about the cold start? 6 hours should be stone cold, but back to this is a V8 bin in your V6 3.4 that never had a bin for this ECM. What I do for these in stock engines is open 2 tunerpros and compare each bin. You'll find a few things quite different that need some tweaking. 3.4 V6 to 5.7 V8 is 2 different animals. Cold start is Open Loop so no O2 sensor feedback to adjust, it's running straight of the calibration/bin.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    HEY!!!!! It was you that suggested the ADSU bin, and that is what we have been working with....lol

The original bin was a ACHT. Can open those two in Tunerpro, and I'm sure that there would be differences, but I would not really know which differences would cause the cold idle vibration until warmup.

Now, I do know that this was not an issue until I upped the IAC desired idle rpm though.

One other thing, I am using a heated o2 sensor, and have been using one since the start of all this. If I recall correctly, the system went closed loop before the engine was up to op temp, I just can't remember at what temp though.

Fuel Injected!
    some of the after market tps sensors that I have installed had self centering on the box, I have drilled the holes bigger so I could adjust them a little but after they were run a while most of them always ended up 0.54-0.65. you might change the I think it is tps voltage for closed throttle in tuner pro to a voltage closer to your tps volts at closed throttle?