Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1st idle run with 1227747 ecm and modded bin.

Fuel Injected!

1st idle run with 1227747 ecm and modded bin.

So I was a little hesitant to go from the 1228062 ecm with a modded bin to a 1227747 ecm with a modded bin.

The reprogramming of the prom was a non issue.

In the 1227747 ecm, I am running the AKMJ bin modified with the BPW set to 142 based on the calculator Mark had posted in one of my other threads. Also, I set one of the parameter, I believe the TPS/EGR on, to keep the EGR off and turned the EGR flag to off. That is all for the bin edits at this time.

So, not knowing for sure that the ECM was any good to begin with, and being early enough in the day, I decided to try it out. Well, she started right up and seems to idle a little high, but in drive drops down to about 750, or whatever the following file shows. The advance in rpm was in park. There is a short period toward the end that I recorded while in drive and the brake applied.

Looking at the definition file, WOW, loving EVERYTHING it shows. I am pleased so far with the progress I have made, but still have A LOT to learn, so bear with me if you don't mind.

Here is the file recorded using the v5.1.xdf and v5.0.adx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by damanx; 04-11-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Had to ask this question, how much of a difference will there be if the bpw is 142 and then set to 144?

Looks good so far!
    Idle is always higher or not as consistent in these ECM because the Park Neutral wire changes IAC logic. Drive is way better and under complete IAC logic. Park/Nuetral is higher and no complete IAC control.

The only proven way to disable EGR at this point is three parameters.
    To apply these EGR adjustments in Hex, open the Parameter and right click, Show Hex Values.

EGR - Max TPS to allow EGR On
    Hex set to 00 for off!

EGR - On Low VAC Kpa
    Set to hex FD to disable!

EGR - On Hi VAC Kpa
    Set to hex FF to disable!

Also uncheck Code 32 to disable CEL!

You can try my new XDF, but don't pass it out, it's not final. Some of the temps are off, not all comments are complete. But there is a new patch for EGR disable and HiWay Lean Cruise.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    Had to ask this question, how much of a difference will there be if the bpw is 142 and then set to 144?
    It's not a tuning tool, set it and forget it. Adjust fuel in VE tables.

144 is 14.4 msec It would be a small change, the lower the BPC the higher RPM you can go before injectors go static =always open.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Gotcha, thanks!

Yes, did uncheck the 32 CEL and I set the max tps for egr on to 00.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    It's not a tuning tool, set it and forget it. Adjust fuel in VE tables.

144 is 14.4 msec It would be a small change, the lower the BPC the higher RPM you can go before injectors go static =always open.
    Going static is not nearly as easy on a V6 with an asybch only calibration as it is on a V8.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is a data run from a short trip to the store. Got up to about 40-45 mph. Not sure how to interpret the MPG chart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks OK.

To see Spark Advance and BPW/Injector Duty Cycle/MPG you have to apply the Spark Advance and BPW hacks to bin first and use it to data log.

Open TunerPRo and in Parameter tree choose Parameter Category. Look in the hack folder, there is a new Patch there to apply them both or single Parameter entries.

Also click on View and choose Parameter Comments to see them while parameter is open, can also hoover over a Comment to see what is in there.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    AHHHHHH...I think I understand, essentially, I could change those numbers per the comments and save the bin to another eprom and use the v4 adx for viewing the MPG?

Yup, no hex involved, just follow directions. Even easier is the new Patch.

We will have to check MPG and ? Not sure how it responds or what adjustments need to be made for Async.... When you get to playing start a new bin with ADSU, it's a Sync bin and runs better in everything I've tried.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Alright, so tomorrow, as a friend just came over so I was not able to reprogram any eproms, I'll load up one of the chips the ADSU bin and try it out.

On the ADSU, I'll assume that I will still have to shut off the EGR and flag for it.

Yup, same procedure you did on the first chip, EGR patch, also cylinder count, apply Spark and BPW patch.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    This is probably a question(s) that probably could be answered by search, but I'll ask anyway.

How do you log so that you fill every blank? In other words, I recorded my drive to work which is about 20 minutes. There were several stops and then speeds up to 65. Having a quick look at the tables, there are lower speed spots that are not populated. Do you log multiple times and merge those recordings or what?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yup, no hex involved, just follow directions. Even easier is the new Patch.

We will have to check MPG and ? Not sure how it responds or what adjustments need to be made for Async.... When you get to playing start a new bin with ADSU, it's a Sync bin and runs better in everything I've tried.
    Synch BIN files WILL NOT run a 60° V6.......They require an Asynch on BIN. Due to the firing order and intake pairing you will have two very lean cylinders with a synch bin.

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    This is probably a question(s) that probably could be answered by search, but I'll ask anyway.

How do you log so that you fill every blank? In other words, I recorded my drive to work which is about 20 minutes. There were several stops and then speeds up to 65. Having a quick look at the tables, there are lower speed spots that are not populated. Do you log multiple times and merge those recordings or what?
    I am still fairly new at this myself. But maybe I can help.

I got a couple of ways I record data. Sometimes I will bring up the history table and set it on running counts and drive around at different speeds, rpms and driving conditions (driving up hills driving into the wind, holding it in lower gears whatever I can do to fill up another cell). While watching the cells I try and fill as many cells as I can with at least 20 counts, but you will never be able to fill every cell.

Then sometimes I like to record while watching the dash just driving in different conditions like hwy driving, stop and go driving while watching the blm’s if I see an area that is low or high (within a safe margin) I try and hold it in that area awhile to run up the counts in that cell. Also it is important to disconnect the battery right before you start to record data to clear the blm's.

Then after you have accumulated some different data runs you can play them back one after another on Tuner Pro with history table up then look at the history average it will have averaged everything together for you.

I hope I told you correctly I am sure others will have more to add.

Happy Logging.
    Last edited by devind; 04-11-2013 at 04:07 PM.