Thread: 64 impala

Carb and Points!

Smile 64 impala

hello everyone I own a 64 impala and Im looking into upgrading my existing 350 -4 barrel carb to multi fuel injection using a donor car that a friend is giving me. I want to keep the same motor in the 64 impala but want to use the intake manifold and wiring harness a required to be able to run this engine, the donor car is a I believe a 1987 chev camaro with the multi port system. so my question is can I use the the original harness in the camaro and pickout only the wires that would be required to run the multi port fuel on to an old school 350 rather than buying a complete perfect EFI wiring harness from painless wire which would be the best way to go as you can plug and play but unfortunately im on a very tight budget this summer. any advise or suggestions would be very much appreciated.. Thankyou!!

Carb and Points!
    any update on this?

Fuel Injected!
    there are much brighter folks here than myself, but I will take a stab at this. What you're proposing should not be too hard, but you will need to account for the (off engine) sensors whose input your ECM expects to see. For example vehicle speed SENSOR (VSS) as well as oxygen sensor inputs. Most of the other inputs that ECM expects to see are on you engine, such as coolant temp, MAF sensor, and TPS.