Thread: 7060 $85 WBO2 ADX check?

7060 $85 WBO2 ADX check?

Maybe this will help out chevmasta also?

After starting on my Suburban this weekend, first thing I thought is that it would be nice to have an averaged AFR history (similar to the BLMs in CL) to look at while in open loop. I know not everyone will have access to a WB but for those that do, this should help out a bit, and will also be a nice double check to the BLM tuning. Anyhow, I'm a newb at this so take it easy if my idea or execution is off base, but attached is the modified ADX with the LC1 wideband input and the WB history table. Check it out and let me know if you guys think it will work? I cloned what was done in the add a wideband thread but I'm not sure if my channel offsets are correct. I can see where the history table would be useful with lambda also, but I like seeing the actual AFR.

Updated ADX is attached. History tables corrected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1BadAction; 04-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Carb and Points!
    WOW, i'm tuning this same PCM right now. it's a rare one... i started this process about 2 years ago. i got the VE table tuned with BLM and used a WBO2 as a reference point. After a bit of LS tuning with EFI Live i'm back to figure out spark on this BBC and I see that TunerPro v5 has some nice new datalogging features. looks like some tables can be created that will help a lot! i also see there are new definition files for datalogging that are more accurate than what was available 2 years ago! this past hour i was just trying to add WBO2 (LC-1) to the datastream definition so i can log it. i was trying to follow the tutorial here: http://static.moates.net/zips/wideba...nerpro_lm1.pdf
    I noticed you've got some different numbers in your definition file. i was just wondering...is that the default for the LC-1?
    i'm interested in your progress... i'll be trying to get this going when i get a chance. maybe we can help each other get the datalogging set up properly. let me know how it goes!
    i've attached the adx file that i just made for reference. i haven't tested it yet so i don't know if it works or not. i also attached the latest .xdf file i have found in case you don't have the latest version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You guys got good ideas but don't get to excited unless you found a way to get WB AD line tied into PCM and data stream? We were looking for this once before and did not find a way. It can be done on other ECM/PCM, so probably can be done here to but there's no easy route like others... yet...

Making the tables in TunerPro is easy, changing the address is easy, but how do you get the AD voltage from WB into PCM?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

There is a cure for this if you have an AutoProm...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...up-in-TunerPro!

-= =-

Carb and Points!

Apu1 for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

I'll be working this out in the coming weeks! I'll get it working. it's just a matter of who will get there first! I have limited time with this vehicle and it depends on nice weather. I'll post a pic next time I'm near... '71 Monte Carlo ss454.

Quote Originally Posted by MTX410 View Post
    WOW, i'm tuning this same PCM right now. it's a rare one... i started this process about 2 years ago. i got the VE table tuned with BLM and used a WBO2 as a reference point. After a bit of LS tuning with EFI Live i'm back to figure out spark on this BBC and I see that TunerPro v5 has some nice new datalogging features. looks like some tables can be created that will help a lot! i also see there are new definition files for datalogging that are more accurate than what was available 2 years ago! this past hour i was just trying to add WBO2 (LC-1) to the datastream definition so i can log it. i was trying to follow the tutorial here: http://static.moates.net/zips/wideba...nerpro_lm1.pdf
    I noticed you've got some different numbers in your definition file. i was just wondering...is that the default for the LC-1?
    i'm interested in your progress... i'll be trying to get this going when i get a chance. maybe we can help each other get the datalogging set up properly. let me know how it goes!
    i've attached the adx file that i just made for reference. i haven't tested it yet so i don't know if it works or not. i also attached the latest .xdf file i have found in case you don't have the latest version.
    This is why I started this thread, hopefully more guys fooling with this 7060 will chime in. I think that Moates article is way out of date, they're referencing ADS files (not ADX) and the hardware is the add-on to the APU, not the newer built in module like EagleMark outlines in the thread he posts below... I do have the hardware with me, hmmm. Maybe I'll fool with it later.

That's what I was attempting to follow to get the wideband signal to log through my APU1. Does my ADX look correct for that? What about the history table? I don't see why it wouldn't work but I haven't had much hands on time with this...
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    This is why I started this thread, hopefully more guys fooling with this 7060 will chime in. I think that Moates article is way out of date, they're referencing ADS files (not ADX) and the hardware is the add-on to the APU, not the newer built in module like EagleMark outlines in the thread he posts below... I do have the hardware with me, hmmm. Maybe I'll fool with it later.
    Moates was supposed to remove that article and replace it with the new one I did...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    That's what I was attempting to follow to get the wideband signal to log through my APU1. Does my ADX look correct for that? What about the history table? I don't see why it wouldn't work but I haven't had much hands on time with this...

Looks like you got all the Packet Offsets correct. WB History looks good except it did not have same amount of MAP columns as the BLM history table? I think I had BLM history correct, it has to match the Main Fuel VE table.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...es-in-TunerPro

I know you guys want to use AFR and it's OK, we're all used to it for a visual reference. But Lambda is way better. Once I converted it took awhile but I never even look at AFR anymore. I use a Moates O-Meter and it can be set to watch Lambda as well as AFR.

You can make another History table for Lambda, just add another value for Lambda with same address as your using for WB AFR, you can double or triple them, just like you did for WB Volts and WB AFR.

Then there's....
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g-using-Lambda

-= =-

Looks like you got all the Packet Offsets correct. WB History looks good except it did not have same amount of MAP columns as the BLM history table? I think I had BLM history correct, it has to match the Main Fuel VE table.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...es-in-TunerPro

I know you guys want to use AFR and it's OK, we're all used to it for a visual reference. But Lambda is way better. Once I converted it took awhile but I never even look at AFR anymore. I use a Moates O-Meter and it can be set to watch Lambda as well as AFR.

You can make another History table for Lambda, just add another value for Lambda with same address as your using for WB AFR, you can double or triple them, just like you did for WB Volts and WB AFR.

Then there's....
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g-using-Lambda
    Ahhhh, I see. Yes I wasn't sure if the history table needed to match something or what, I almost copied the BLM table (because I know that works) but thought "why log 0 rpm" or whatever. Easy enough, I'll change it up. Good to hear on the lambda/AFR also - I was going to try that. For tuning Lambda is obviously superior, and I'll probably get used to looking at that just like I got used to looking at AFR instead of EGT (on my 2 strokes)- Speaking of EGT, I bet that can be ran through the ADC sensors just like the WBo2s are? That could be a good thing on turbo'd vehicles and certain other situations.

I am consistently impressed at how modifiable and flexible these things are, especially considering how old the electronics are that we're interfacing with. I feel like I'm in the movie TRON sometimes

You could run EGT through AutoProm, it has three channels. The ground from AutoProm back to same lug as ground from PCM and WB is also as important do to grounding offsets.

-= =-