Since you went through the trouble of getting the hardware and software to modify your tune you may as well take advantage of it for a few more Horses under the hood. If your software allows you to modify the MAF Transfer table you can likely install a larger or modified MAF to reduce air restrictions at high RPM.

My 4.6 DOHC loves to rev. And the custom ram air setup helps it out, but I really saw a difference when I opened up my MAF.

This is the inside of a stock Ford V8 MAF circa 1996.

It's a respectable 80mm in diameter but there's this HUGE obstruction spanning a critical point in the flow path.
Gentlemen, to your tool benches !
With a little saw and dremel work we can get considerably more flow out of this unit. First remove the actual sensor from the aluminum housing and put it somewhere safe and dustless. There are 2 screws that hold it in place.
When you are done cutting, grinding and sanding it should resemble this ...

Wipe it down, wash it, blow it out and then re-install the sensor.
Now put it back in the car and go do some datalogging so you can tweak the MAF transfer function and get it to accurately measure airflow again. My car ran ok before I modified the MAF Transfer table so it went pretty easily. My table for the stock MAF maxed out at about 950 Kg/Hr at 4.8 volts. By opening up the center my table now projects up to about 1350 Kg/Hr at 4.9 volts, but since the car has never drawn more than 1100 Kg/Hr I can't verify that.

Butt dyno says it pulls harder above 5000 RPM.

I should mention that I also removed the screens that are supposed to evenly distribute the airflow and clocked the MAF so that the sensor was on a short side radius to see more of the part throttle airflow - but that's another story ...