Thread: Help TunerPro RT/Moates Burn2 and VATS

Help TunerPro RT/Moates Burn2 and VATS

Sorry just need to ask..been searching & reading posts etc. First off I can't locate the Burn 2 instructions anymore. ie How to position the prom in the burner etc..used to be on the site?

Here my problem:

Just went over (again) the TPI harness Speed Density I made for my 33 Chevy coupe ...all circuits are pinned correctly. Turns over, have fuel pressure, power to injectors..but no spark at plugs or ground signal to injectors.

Tried swapping modules/coil and ECM's, been using an aftermarket AUJP that I have used for startups in the past. It has EGR and VATS etc disabled. This (EEPROM) AUJP MEMCAL has always worked for starting TPI cars in the past?

My OTC Nemisys shows no codes...but does display " Veh-Anti Theft Sys- YES". Does this display indicate that VATS is now not disabled?

BASICALLY (HELP!) Never burned before.....

I would just like to burn just "one prom" with VATS disabled to determine if that's my problem. I have the Burn 2, proms and TunerPro RT installed. When I run TunerPro RT it won't connect the Burn 2. (FYI have the Moates MEMCAL header & G1 memory adapter but since the Burn 2 won't recognize..can't attempt to read my MEMCAL).

Is there basic instructions anywhere discussing downloading a 5.7 TPI 730 BIN (with VATS disabled) and burning it via the Burn 2?

Thanks
    Ed
    Last edited by EDZIP; 04-05-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Looks like VATS is on in scantool? If it's a stock AUJP bin file it does have VATS enabled, just looked in TunerPRo RT $8D and it's checked/set.

Chip goes in bottom of ZIF socket, away from handle, with notch facing handle.

If you have TunerPro RT already then it has Moates Flash and Burn software in it. Tools, Hardware Utilities, Moates Prom I/O.

Here's a link to offsets for Moates chips and stock chips.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Flash-and-Burn

Here's a link to some stock bins and TunerPro XDF and ADX files, Jeepsand Guns worked on the $8D-1227730-V1x xdf and adx:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

EagleMark Thanks for the response. A while back I bought one of those V6 converted MEMCALs off eBay. The guy solders in an erasable prom and burns the AUJP bin with EGR and VATS disabled. Of course there is no calpak (limp mode chip). I have used the MEMCAL to fire up new aftermarket wiring harness/TPI installs in the past.

"Of Course" now that I'm trying to start my car...it won't fire:-) I made the 33 Chevy wiring harness with Duestch plugs on the firewall, all sensors go through them. To remove the engine..(2) large plugs (engine sensors don't need to be unplugged).

Have no clue why my scanner shows VATS as YES!

Would VATS disable both injector ground signal and spark?

Ed

Just thinking that if both spark and injectors are out..probably in my big cap HEI distributor...(pickup coil)...I'll look into that today....but still wondering why VATS displays as YES in the scan mode.

Ed

Here's some info on your Memcal:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Software-Scams

Pretty sure VATS just disables Pulse Width/fuel. In a car that came with VATS module some have Starter Relay as well so no crank.

With no spark as well I think your right, no DRP = no Injector firing as well.

Champlain NY as in Lake Champlain? Spent a few weeks up there one summer when I was a kid, beautiful place. We rowed a canoe out to an island and laid in the sun, I fell asleep and they left me there! Woke up sun burnt... but they came and got me for dinner...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Here's some info on your Memcal:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Software-Scams

Pretty sure VATS just disables Pulse Width/fuel. In a car that came with VATS module some have Starter Relay as well so no crank.

With no spark as well I think your right, no DRP = no Injector firing as well.

Champlain NY as in Lake Champlain? Spent a few weeks up there one summer when I was a kid, beautiful place. We rowed a canoe out to an island and laid in the sun, I fell asleep and they left me there! Woke up sun burnt... but they came and got me for dinner...
    Out in tha garage right now, swapped distributors and even installed a small cap distributor with external coil...still nothing. I have the starter wired through the column (no ecm relay). I tried another MEMCAL with VATS disabled..and again it shows VATS = YES? Did try a couple other 730's still no inj ground signal or spark.

It has to be something with the ECM recognizing VATs for some reason..

Wonder if I need to supply power or ground the VATS terminal on pin F10????

If you are ever up here..give me a shout..I live about 800 yards from Canada!

Ed

Got to be a power issue, even though you've checked your wiring pin outs, did you check for 12 volt power and Ignition power? Ign power has to stay on from key on to crank and back to key on. There are voltage key on check charts on this page:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...CM-information

-= =-

Got to be a power issue, even though you've checked your wiring pin outs, did you check for 12 volt power and Ignition power? Ign power has to stay on from key on to crank and back to key on. There are voltage key on check charts on this page:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...CM-information
    EagleMark

Thanks for jumping in....I'll check for voltage drop during cranking tomorrow. In the meantime I'll try to get my MEMCAL reader working tonight.

Ed

Here's my BIN (I think)

Been messing with my Moates MEMCAL reader...hope I copied and attached the BIN. Still learning..but can't determine if VATS is disabled..can someone determine that?

Thanks

Ed
    Attached Files Attached Files

VATS is unchecked/disabled. But I don't think that is a AUJP.bin? To many changes and some not defined?

Here's a stock AUJP with VATS disabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

VATS is unchecked/disabled. But I don't think that is a AUJP.bin? To many changes and some not defined?

Here's a stock AUJP with VATS disabled.

Thanks Mark...was just heading off for my beauty sleep. Looks like I figured out how to copy and burn them so far. Your posts made the difference!
    I'll give it a try tomorrow….
    Ed

Mark:

I owe you a beer, installed your BIN, nothing, then I checked my power..as you suspected the distributor power was interrupted while turning the key for startup.

Ran a hot wire to the coil, noids looked like headlights and she started right up!

Need to run into town this morning...but will fix the wiring this afternoon.

Again..thanks for responding!

Ed