Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: recommendations? 7747 help

That will cause it. But IIRC from watching his data last night and looking at the bin it is an OL Idle bin...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    what was happening was the O2 would heat up while driving or part throttle revving and once idle settled in, the blm would adjust for about 10 seconds. it would make tuning the idle a PITA so the idle was set for OL until a heated O2 could be installed.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    I got blms on the brain, I meant egr vs bpws.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Check the hoses. Does the lower hose have a spring in it to keep it from collapsing at higher rpm's?
    Bottom hose blew out a few months back and was replaced and still has a spring in it.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

Looks like EGR is disabled properly! If you want to go a step further change the entire "EGR - VE Comp Table" to 1.00

Looking at your log when your under load you go down to 4 degrees timing... compared your bin to ASDU and it has much better timing table.. although still needs much improvement.

Looks like you added some TPS AE at higher levels but missed lower even if it was needed? TPS AE is very short term, MAP AE is long term and may help with some timing.

You've got a TCC issue! Just goes on and off constantly at highway speed...

That should really not get hot at highway speed and cool of at idle like that? I've seen that before with no thermostat or bad thermostat... AutoZone is not known for good parts...

Also your bin is an Open Loop idle so BLM numbers are not going to help adjusting VE table.

Here's a bin with decent spark table if you want to try it, EGR, Lean Cruise, Air is off. Closed loop idle on...
    I'll try things out with ASDU and make it work. I did add some to the TPS AE. I'll search around to get a better understanding of what TPS AE and MAP AE do. I don't like to change things I don't have a good grasp on.

I was wondering about the TCC too. I was thinking I needed to change things in the TCC lockup parameters to fix that, unless you have some insight. I rebuilt the trans a few months ago and it got a new torque converter. I've heard of torque converters being bad out of the box. I also do not use 4th gear. The truck rarely sees anything over 70 and never more than 80.

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    what was happening was the O2 would heat up while driving or part throttle revving and once idle settled in, the blm would adjust for about 10 seconds. it would make tuning the idle a PITA so the idle was set for OL until a heated O2 could be installed.
    Is this his bin you worked on? Because I've seen the RPM settings before that indicate OL Idle bin, something I just remembered I think was this log which I've never seen before in $42 was Closed Loop but BLM not enabled? Either way he was CL most of the time...

Rich idle will also cool off an O2 and go OL, even a CL Idle bin.

-= =-

Not sure about the bin you were using but ASDU will lock up in third as well.

Should have no issues with stock bin TCC settings as long as VSS = Speed is accurate or close. Yours was clearly just kicking in and out... not good on TCC clutches...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Is this his bin you worked on? Because I've seen the RPM settings before that indicate OL Idle bin, something I just remembered I think was this log which I've never seen before in $42 was Closed Loop but BLM not enabled? Either way he was CL most of the time...

Rich idle will also cool off an O2 and go OL, even a CL Idle bin.

I spent about an hour last week messing with the tune, before the other injectors were swapped in. i suggested using OL to lock the BLM at 128 for idle, but didnt have time to find the qualifiers. after messing with S_AUJP the last couple of years I had to figure out $42 all over again, and you made some great leaps and bounds with it.
    '86 Grand National

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    what type radiator are you using? I looked at your bin file bpw is set at 93 I don't know what it is suppose to be on v8s. when you get past 2500 rpms your blms go up into the 140s, even though you disabled the egr I would set the egr vs blm to 135 on the whole scale. then data log an see what happens,some one on here knows what the basic paules with sould be for you engine, mine is 181 but its a v6.you may have a radiator hose kinked a little, radiator parcule clogged,or not enough capacitte or your thought about the water pump spinning the wrong way.
    I am running a stock 4.3L blazer HD radiator. Read my first post. My engine is no where near stock specs. With the larger injectors I had to change the bpw.

I did not get a chance to do anything with my truck today. I was working on a different truck. I should have some time tomorrow to play with mine again. I am working over the ASDU code (thanks EagleMark) to fit with my engine and will try it out tomorrow.

Hmmmm? Don't know where I lost track but the bin I gave you is only good for a stock motor, it's still a better start then what you had.

How did you end up with BPC of 93? Also curious about these 90lb/hr injectors, where did they come from?

I see now why your popping, double the TPS and MAP AE.

Need to look at a LT1 spark table and get it in this bin, take out about 4-6 degrees except for idle.

For idle turn the Desired RPM up to... well 700, make sure the IAC count is low, like 10 when totally warmed up and driven. This lets more air mix with the fuel above the throttle plates.

INT Delay vs airflow at least triple.

Proportional counts cut in half.

Probably have to take out fuel at idle but it's pretty low in VE1, so use VE2. But for the BLM spreadsheet to work right you need VE2 at 0.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4-7747-ve1-ve2

That ought to keep you busy!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hmmmm? Don't know where I lost track but the bin I gave you is only good for a stock motor, it's still a better start then what you had.

How did you end up with BPC of 93? Also curious about these 90lb/hr injectors, where did they come from?

I see now why your popping, double the TPS and MAP AE.

Need to look at a LT1 spark table and get it in this bin, take out about 4-6 degrees except for idle.

For idle turn the Desired RPM up to... well 700, make sure the IAC count is low, like 10 when totally warmed up and driven. This lets more air mix with the fuel above the throttle plates.

INT Delay vs airflow at least triple.

Proportional counts cut in half.

Probably have to take out fuel at idle but it's pretty low in VE1, so use VE2. But for the BLM spreadsheet to work right you need VE2 at 0.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4-7747-ve1-ve2

That ought to keep you busy!
    The ASDU code already looks better than the AKAJ at first glance. I came to 93 bpw after using an injector sizing spreadsheet I got here, ben_p@bigpond. It calculated 96 bpw for me, but it was running very rich at idle. I kept dropping the bpw until I stopped bottoming out at 108 BLM. The injectors came from a late 80's BBC that had the 2bbl tbi to 4bbl intake adapter. I am using the 2bbl to 4bbl adapter right now with an early 80's factory Z28 aluminum intake manifold and late 80's Z28 exhaust w/O2 on driver side bank. We have 60+ f-bodies at our yard to pull parts from, so I did when I built this truck. 34blazer can vouch for that, lol.

I increased my AE TPS PW 50% and the popping seemed to get worse, so I changed it back. I didn't double it tho and only changed the TPS PW. Are you sure about the 700 idle? I normally have it idle around 500. I felt it would be better to idle low with the diesel torque converter, as it seems to grab rather quickly.

Proportional counts? You lost me there.

As far as the LT1 spark table I am still searching for one to pull from. I am sure the heads will change the spark demand tho. The sportsman II heads are supposed to be 'fast burn' heads. If they are similar to the differences between the iron head (slow burn), and aluminum (fast burn) 60 degree V6 heads. The aluminum fast burn 60 degree heads require a lot less timing over their iron head counter parts.

You have definitely given me enough to keep busy for a while. Thank you again!

Fuel Injected!
    proportional gain maybe? if so thats basically how fast the ECM moves the INT/BLM from what I understand. there should be prop gain and duration?
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    I got a stock LT1 bin (94 9C1 Stock EE) from something you posted EagleMark. I think I may be missing something, but the LT1 timing table goes as high as 45 degrees! IIRC at 45 degrees timing I will be on the next cylinder. I am pretty leery about using the LT1 table after seeing that. I got the bin and def in this thread http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB What is with the search function here? Searched 'LT1' here and got nothing. Searched 'LT1 Bin' on google and first link was that thread.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefyr View Post
    I got a stock LT1 bin (94 9C1 Stock EE) from something you posted EagleMark. I think I may be missing something, but the LT1 timing table goes as high as 45 degrees! IIRC at 45 degrees timing I will be on the next cylinder. I am pretty leery about using the LT1 table after seeing that. I got the bin and def in this thread http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB What is with the search function here? Searched 'LT1' here and got nothing. Searched 'LT1 Bin' on google and first link was that thread.
    The TPI Vettes ran 46+ on timing. My carbed engine ran 47° at some cruising speeds.

The ASDU code already looks better than the AKAJ at first glance. I came to 93 bpw after using an injector sizing spreadsheet I got here, ben_p@bigpond. It calculated 96 bpw for me, but it was running very rich at idle. I kept dropping the bpw until I stopped bottoming out at 108 BLM. The injectors came from a late 80's BBC that had the 2bbl tbi to 4bbl intake adapter. I am using the 2bbl to 4bbl adapter right now with an early 80's factory Z28 aluminum intake manifold and late 80's Z28 exhaust w/O2 on driver side bank. We have 60+ f-bodies at our yard to pull parts from, so I did when I built this truck. 34blazer can vouch for that, lol.

I increased my AE TPS PW 50% and the popping seemed to get worse, so I changed it back. I didn't double it tho and only changed the TPS PW. Are you sure about the 700 idle? I normally have it idle around 500. I felt it would be better to idle low with the diesel torque converter, as it seems to grab rather quickly.

Proportional counts? You lost me there.

As far as the LT1 spark table I am still searching for one to pull from. I am sure the heads will change the spark demand tho. The sportsman II heads are supposed to be 'fast burn' heads. If they are similar to the differences between the iron head (slow burn), and aluminum (fast burn) 60 degree V6 heads. The aluminum fast burn 60 degree heads require a lot less timing over their iron head counter parts.

You have definitely given me enough to keep busy for a while. Thank you again!
    Injectors from early BB are 80.55 lb/hr. Don't know where the 90 lb/hr rumor started?

BPC/BPW is a setting, not a tuning tool. 93 is not right... if you need to take out fuel read above Ve1 and Ve2.

AE TPS is short term, like msec, AE MAP is long term like 2 seconds. AE TPS helps get there and AE MAP keeps it there till done.

700 RPM idle helps you get things under control, but if your diesel torque convertor won't allow it? Can always lower it later. This ECM needs Park Neutral wire un grounded for full idle control, grounded in Park and idle is higher with no full IAC logic.

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    proportional gain maybe? if so thats basically how fast the ECM moves the INT/BLM from what I understand. there should be prop gain and duration?
    Yes Proportional gains, I was tired and called them counts... There are separate Prop Gains for idle as well as Idle AFR bias.

I'm working on the Search Feature here, it has issues with 3 letter words. Use Google with "SEARCH PHRASE site:gearhead-efi.com" no quotes and replace SEARCH PHRASE with what you want, it will find all the 3 + letter words.

I forgot to preach my lesson on masks... every mask is different, most have a Spark Bias, some have several for each Spark table, there were even masks out years ago and one had Bias figured into it and one did not and one figured it by removing 10 degrees, but some bins were 0, guys used a Spark table from one without because it had more advance, they ended up with 20 degrees to much timing, or 10 degrees to much timing! The masks I work on now all have Spark Bias removed from the Spark table by linking X - Y with Y being the hex address of Spark Bias for that table. I always see actual spark advance. If you change the bias (which you shouldn't) it moves the Spark Advance table by that amount. That way if for instance a SB $42 has 10 and a BB has 0? The Spark Advance table is always actual and accurate. I don't think this feature was built into the last $42 xdf I released...

Look at the LT1 Spark Advance table and take off the Spark Bias of 20 degrees and that is actual!

-= =-