These are probably stupid questions that a search could easily answer, but my google-fu and patience are sucking today.

In my other thread titled "woohoo"..., I mentioned that I got an eprom programmer and have loaded a prom with a modified bin.

I was planning on runnning tunerpro and getting a log, but my laptop did not want to play tonight and ignored the usb ports. Vista blows arse.

So I used my old toughbook with a serial port and a touch screen, which makes life so much easier when driving and wanting to look at different screens.

I have two different programs on that one since it's 98 and it can't run tunerpro. WinAldl and Turbolink, Turbolink is more detailed and graphic oriented with a lot of information being shown in guage format as well as recording capability. (It seems that the preferred software to use here is Tunerpro, which I think is awesome, but my inability and lack of patience to use it is strictly the fault of the laptop I have, NOT the software.)

First issue was WinAldl showing that blm cells updating, but nothing on the int tables. Worked just fine with the original bin. I closed Winaldl and opened turbolink, lo and behold, I see blm and int numbers changing. So, something must be going on.

1st question: I should see changing numbers, both BLM and INT, when in closed loop mode, correct?

Next, I set the EGR enabled water temp to 255, but see that may be incorrect. I set Min MPH for EGR to 105mph and EGR Disabled Under MPH to 104. This was to shut off EGR operation.

2nd question: Should both number be the same, or does the ECM not care about gap between 104 and 105?

Next up is regarding knock counts. Running the 2.8l bin, I was seeing knock counts in the 250 ranges and you could hear it. I backed the timing off and the counts dropped by about half. I installed the 4.3l prom with original bin and dropped the knock counts by almost 2/3. I then installed a prom with a modified bin and dropped the knock counts down to less than 8 total for the drive in, and this even included a stomp the gas at 60 for a few seconds.

3rd question: What amount of knock counts is considered normal as I know that I don't see knocks from noises other than actual knocking.

That's it for the moment.