Thread: VSS

Fuel Injected!

VSS

i have a 1969 chevy truck that i am swapping a 1993 chevy engine into. ialso installed a 700r4 behind it. here is my problem i am needing a VSS on it but i also need the cable to drive the speedometer. i know there ther is a company that builds adapters that do both but they dont seem to make one that does 40 pulses per driveshaft revolution like the sight says the 93 chevy truck pcm needs. does any one know of a solution that wont cost me an arm and a leg ? i also would like to keep the factory speedo in it. can tunerpro make changes so i can use the 2prs vss from stealth conversions instead?

Administrator
    The PCM doesn't need 40 pulses per revolution. That's the signal that goes to the DRAC / VSSB which is then converted to 2000 pulses per mile. Since the speedometer cable is calibrated to spin at 1000 revolutions per mile, all you need is a sensor that generates two pulses per revolution for the 2k/mile signal.

Now there are two types of sensor as well. One is a "reed switch" which produces a DC signal. The other makes an A/C signal. I'm using the A/C type and it's connected to the analog VSS pins at the pcm. I've had trouble trying to use the DC type but maybe others have had more luck.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks i was hoping that was the case.