Thread: Hi all im new here

Carb and Points!

Hi all im new here

Hey everyone I come seeking knowledge. I am atempting to convert a 1987 trans am into speed density. I have purchased and had the machine shop rebuild a 350 that came out of a 1991 camaro and im matching that up to a rebuild t-5 tranny as well. The motor is all stock, the computer im using is a 1227730 that i got from a guy on ebay. it came out of a V6 car from what I understand and the chip inside of the ecm is the wrong tune im willing to bet. does anyone out there have a chip for a stock 350 motor with the egr,smog and speed limiter removed you can hook me up with or a bin file that would match this set up?

Re: Hi all im new here

Most people here are into programming their own PROMs.

There are companies that will provide PROMs and MEMCALs, such as Howell, TBIChips, etc.

You can modify the stock MEMCAL to be proper for the hardware select side, but the PROM side will still need to be changed or bypassed and a PROM programmed for your application installed.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Carb and Points!

I figured I would need a new chip but since im very new at this im not sure how to go about programing my own or exactly what i need to accomplish this.

Read around and get an idea. There's lots of stickys on TGO as well. Then just ask some questions. We are all into EFI and tuning here. EFI Grear Heads!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-