Thread: Open Loop tuning/New to tuner pro

Fuel Injected!

Open Loop tuning/New to tuner pro

Im new to Tuner Pro and have a buddy that has a early 90's camaro wanting me to tune it. I understand the chipping process etc as i have used Moates gear in the past.

I was looking at some file i got off here to start I just dont see where i have to switch from Cloosed Loop to Open Loop.
    1. eyou have to tune in Open loop correct? this is just fundamental tuning basics.
    2. Is there a Cloosed Loop ECT table that you have to default to say 300 degrees to prevent Cloosed loop form happening such as OBD-2 GM tuning?

Thank you guys.

Depends on the mask? Most do have a Closed Loop Enable temp and then you can run Open Loop to use Wide Band data.

Or run Closed Loop and use BLM/LTFT data.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you Mark.

In tuner pro can I set up my LM2 in serial mode? Ill just hold steady state in the VE and adjust accordingly to the dyno wideband if not.

So i can make adjustments to the VE table even though its still in closed loop and get my fuel trims to zero. Also what is BLM? Thank You.

There's no way to connect WB Serial like in EFI Live. There are some ways to get AD channels in some ECM/PCM using EGR if not used.

Wide Band won't help much Closed Loop, O2 sensor is going to adjust to Stoich. BLM or the Long Term Fuel Trim is data to use in Closed Loop. It goes Open Loop in PE so those numbers won't help and it's back to Wide Band.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hmm the ecu he is using is only speed density so i shouldn't need to use PE tables. At least he is just speed density seeing there is no maf on his car.

I attached the Bin i pulled out of the chip and the XDF. I noticed the VE table stops at 4,500rpm (like on normal maf switching) then there is a tab labeled Base VE F30 that looks like a PE table that is from 400 rpm to 6,400rpm. Do I tune the VE like normal then just do wot pulls for the VE F30 table?

Also dont see anywhere under the 02 sensor section where to put it in open loop. I also checked for ect to see if its effected and seen no tables to force open loop?
    Attached Files Attached Files

PE Power Enrichment is used in SD systems.

The bin you posted is not stock, the Mask ID has been changed to AA to disable checksum for emulator... if the Prom ID is correct it was a APUA which was superseded three times to ARXT. Says it's a LB6 2.8L V6 MPFI...

I'm not sure what your working on? Or how to help...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Wow didnt know all that. like i said i havent seen the car in over a year and he contacted me recently about getting his tuned straightened out. I know its a 383 stroker in a early 90's camaro. once i see the stock ecu numbers ill get the correct xdf and bin to go off of. btw where did you see where it says its a v6? also what is superseded on this file does that mean its locked or somethign? sorry not to up to date with Tuner Pro

I looked up the prom ID, but since it was the wrong mask nothing was right... Never mind, pretty sure that is $8D, Bithoist said it was $8D but still had checksum disabled.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    From some digging around I found since its a speed density ecu in an early 90's camaro im guessing its gonna be a 01227730 or 01227727 ecu. So i downloaded all the bins and xdfs and ads files associated. here attached is one im looking at. I dont see anything about closed loop operation though.

Fuel Injected!
    actually i think i found it under scalars "Loop closed min. temp" just set these all to max and i can tune in open loop or is there another table i have to adjust to force open loop? I should be able to hold the cell im targeting on the dyno and make the af change directly in the VE table using RTP with my ostrich 2.0 or APU1 correct.

That should keep it out of Closed Loop. But normally these SD go OL when in PE anyway. If the VE tables are in order for street driving, then PE is tuned from the PE tables, it changes Desired AFR. Which can be done while emulating with Ostrich or AutoProm.

ANTX was superseded twice to AXYC...

We have some better xdf and adx in this thread $8D-1227730-V1.xdf and adx
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hmm i had all those downloaded I didnt know one super-seeded the other.

Tunerpro enrich power to AFR.jpg
    As far as the Enrich Power to AFR vs RPM I see its a percentage but of what. does it use the last column of the VE table. to take caution should I just have it rich and pull out accordingly to my target.

Read the Parameter Comments. OK well now read them in this XDF attached, someone changed all the reading to percent instead of decimal and it was ridicules to calculate. Also the instructions were wrong...

"The percent change to AFR when in power enrichment mode. Starting with Stoich AFR. The values from the PE Change to AFR Vs. Temp and the PE Change To AFR Vs. RPM are summed to arrive at the final Power Enrichment Fuel/Air ratio. The resulting AFR can be calculated as follows: PE AFR = 14.7 / ( %Change vs. Cool + %Change vs. RPM)
    WOT AFR = 14.7 / (0.23 + .95) = 12.45 AFR"
    http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...t-afr-how.html

There's also a Wide band inclusion to data.
    http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...-wideband.html

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for the XDF thats a very nice lay out in that.

also thank you for the links im going to read them over I should be seeing the car tuesday and see what happens. thank you.