Thread: '7747 Flash Chip Conversion (27SF512)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like using a 24 pin DIP socket right on the daughter board, then plugging the adapter into it. I use 28 pin DIP sockets for the adapter, with an SST27SF512, the cover just touches the EEPROM. Usually when you're at the point of using a ZIF socket, you just leave the cover off, for the quick changes while tuning.

I usually don't use a ZIF socket when tuning other people's vehicles, don't want the EEPROM to accidentally fall out and have issues.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Carb and Points!
    So I am verifying this before I start soldering the parts into my board. Do the last 4 pins on the ZIF socket (The ones the new wire is soldered to) need to be cut shorter to clear the board. And the 5th pin does not get cut shorter and gets soldered back into the original hole on the board?

Fuel Injected!
    I would get a g2 adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by southforkcnc View Post
    So I am verifying this before I start soldering the parts into my board. Do the last 4 pins on the ZIF socket (The ones the new wire is soldered to) need to be cut shorter to clear the board. And the 5th pin does not get cut shorter and gets soldered back into the original hole on the board?
    The bottom 24 pins do not get cut.

dave w