Thread: '7747 Flash Chip Conversion (27SF512)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
    Got another question...suppose ya modified the EEPROM^^^do you program it the same way???
    You need to burn the 27SF512 with offsets see this link: http://static.moates.net/manuals/FlashAndBurn.pdf

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Dave W,

I just completed this mod using this thread as well as the contributions from others. Just great stuff!!! I opted to solder a converted 28-to-24 low profile ZIF from Moates directly onto the '7747 PCB instead of installing a DIP socket. My plan is to leave the ZIF in place once I complete tuning. Of course, I held my breath and was hoping I had NOT destroyed the ECM; this was my first time removing and reinstalling sockets onto a circuit board. Glad to say, the engine started right up with the AKDW bin burned onto a new EEPROM. This bin version contained both the Hi Way Lean and EGR deleted/disabled. Besides having performed these changes in TunerPro, how do I actually confirm that these changes are working properly? What do I look for and where would it be apparent?

Next on the agenda is emulation. Once I get emulation going using an APU1, what are your recommendations on which parameters to attack first and learn to get comfortable with this approach to tuning?

Thanks again!!!

You may want to look at the tuning section in the first sticky in this forum.
    Bob
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the tip...