Hello all and thanks for having such a great forum.

I have a 4.3 Chevy V6 in my 40 Ford pickup. I installed the engine using a Painless performance TBI wiring harness and so far I have not had much success making it run correctly. I am running the specified computer and as of tonight it's running the Painless specified PROM and Cal-pack (almost) I ordered the correct PROM and Cal-pack from AC/Delco The computer is the 1227747 the PROM is a 16139566 and the Cal-pack is supposed to be a 16060836 and that's the number on the AC/Delco packaging but the number on the chip itself is 16060837A Since the engine is still not running correctly ( dribbly injector spray and it seems quite rich) can anyone tell me if the difference in the numbers on the Cal-pack could be an issue or is it something more on the order of an updated piece?

I have a Holley 12-927 fuel pump and have modified the internal fuel pressure regulator to make it adjustable and it's set for 11 PSI with a new 0-30 PSI gauge. I have had the same results as far as the fuel spray with 2 different sets of injectors. The injectors are the Yellow/Blue color code and the throttle body is P/N 17089018, both of which are supposed to be correct for this engine. Although I had never seen the engine run before I bought it it' supposed to be stock and I have verified that it is an '89 block. I was told it came from an 89 S-10.

The initial timing was set according to the Painless manual and although the engine won't idle smoothly, I've attempted to set the idle speed according to the Painless manual as well. The latest thing I have checked is the correlation of the CTS resistance using a conversion chart found online against my dashboard gauge and they are within 10 degrees of each other. The reference voltage for the CTS is 5.0 volts at the connector with the connector unplugged and key on. I have tried to back probe the CTS connector and measure the reference voltage with the connector installed and the key on but cannot get a voltage reading. Not sure if this is a real problem or pilot error. I know I've thrown out a lot of information but I'm hoping that someone can shed some light as to what needs to be looked at next. Thank you!