Thread: 411 Highway Lean Cruise Enable

Carb and Points!

411 Highway Lean Cruise Enable

Hello,

I am running an lt1 with the 411 pcm (24x coil per cylinder conversion). I know this pcm has just recently been somewhat opened up for tuning with the xdf for tunerpro. Does anyone have a method to enable lean cruise outside of EfiLive? My guess is that it's too new for this type of hacking, but I ask not sure.

Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jahjazz View Post
    Hello,

I am running an lt1 with the 411 pcm (24x coil per cylinder conversion). I know this pcm has just recently been somewhat opened up for tuning with the xdf for tunerpro. Does anyone have a method to enable lean cruise outside of EfiLive? My guess is that it's too new for this type of hacking, but I ask not sure.

Thanks!
    I am wondering the same thing. I set the values that are visable in HP Tuners and it does not Enable it. I am thinking we are locked out of an Enable bit atleast on HP Tuners.

Can you add hex values in HP Tuner to add parameters?

In EFI Live there are cax files you can add to each OS and include what ever hex you want, the cax files are available on EFI Live website for Lean Cruise. Once you add a cax file the extra parameters are visible in the tuner, enable it and then have to upload full OS with parameters.

Same kind of setup with TunerCat, can add the Lean Cruise.

I believe it's there anyway but not defined. Holden has Lean Cruise enabled from factory.

I've been running the Lean Cruise since I did the 0411 swap to my Vortec.

Don't know if the parameters are in the TunerPro XDF yet? But demented247 has realesed the XDF without password and disassembly for the 2001 OS so we could add them. Once a bin is saved EFI Live will open it... will HP Tuners open a bin file?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    HP Tuners will open .bin files. From everything I have read, HP Tuners does not allow the hex addition of parameters. I know it's straightforward to do this in EFI Live. If we could enable this in TunerPro and save out a bin, that would work, as I could then upload the lean cruise enabled .bin. I also happen to be running a 2001 OS, 12202088 specifically.

Carb and Points!
    I was just reviewing the 411 xdf on Moates. It looks like it support changing body platforms. I was informed that all the code for Lean Cruise is present in the standard 12202088 OS, but will not function unless the body platform in one where Lean Cruise was enabled from the factory. Essentially, to I simply need to open my current OS and change it from an F-Body platform to an V-Body platform, or is there more to it than this?

Carb and Points!
    EagleMark, any ideas on what i need to do to get this going?

I'm not sure, I've never tried?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-