Thread: New To the Tuning Game Need To Change My Speedo

Carb and Points!

New To the Tuning Game Need To Change My Speedo

Hi there guys I have A 95 Formula. It has had a gear change to 3.73 and new bigger tires put on so my speedo is off about 10mph. I downloaded the program someone has made for the changes I need to make in TunerproRT. I know what values i need to put into it I need to know how to actually load the new tune into my pcm. And also I am thinking it would Be a good idea to save my factory tune first just incase something bad happens. How do I save my factory settings and then change them to the new settings for the new gears, tires. and then how would I go back to the factory tune just incase I don't like something with the new tune?

You need a cable to attatch laptop to ALDL port and a program from TunerCat called WinFlash.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    I already have the cable and TunerproRT I downloaded the winflash. but how do i go about actually writing it and saving my factory tune

Carb and Points!
    I also already have the program from this site that tells me the values to put into Tunerpro. so i just need to know how to actually write.

Carb and Points!
    anyone? even a link?

When your done with the changes to bin file save it. Hook up your cable to laptop, open WinFlash, setup, Comm Port, Tools and read your stock bin and save it. Tools, Program, Choose the bin you want to flash in. Really it's simple.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    I read the file already and saved it with tunercat. Now how do i make changes to it? when try to load it back into tunercat it says its not the valid file. it seemed to have read everything fine. I haven't paid anything for tunerccat tho. its under the 30day trail.

Carb and Points!
    says E CM definition is not compatible with source file.
    $EE ecm file should be used?

Carb and Points!
    I was reading that tunerproRT i can make these changes on the fly with using the emulation setting. but in tunerpro I can't get my computer to read anything on the car. It works fine with tunercat, EEDatamaster and pcmcomm so the cable is good.

Quote Originally Posted by ugod02010 View Post
    I read the file already and saved it with tunercat. Now how do i make changes to it? when try to load it back into tunercat it says its not the valid file. it seemed to have read everything fine. I haven't paid anything for tunerccat tho. its under the 30day trail.
    The TunerCat free tail only works with $42. Your LT1 is $EE.

TunerCat and WinFlash from TC are 2 different things.

TunerPro files needed for $EE are $EE-16188051-V3.2.adx‎ to read data and $EE-16188051-V3.xdf‎ to make changes to bin... here:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB

TunerPro will not flash to your PCM, you need WInFlash.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    thank you that makes sense!!! sorry i been busy working on everyone else car and mines just been sitting. I am off today so i am gonna play around some. I guess than i will only be using tunerpro and winflash. Will post again soon as soon as i see what happens. hopefully in a hr or two thanks again guys!

Carb and Points!
    will the free winflash let me load the changes i make in tunerpro.
    Also it says that in TunerproRT emulation will make the changes immediately like on the fly tuning. could i use that?

Emulation only works with an emulator and there is not one for the LT1. WinFlash trial says it's fully functional. If you own a LT1 it's the best $20 you can spend.
    http://www.tunercat.com/winflash_des...lash_desc.html

-= =-