Thread: Re: "Looking for Old tuners from DIY GM ECM and ..."

Administrator

Re: "Looking for Old tuners from DIY GM ECM and ..."

Found a thread on the Tunerpro forum looking for Bruce Plecan, Rob Rauscher, ECMGuy (Ward Spoonmore), Dave Zug, and Shannen Durphey. I laughed at this reply by Six_Shooter:

"Robert Rausher is RBob on TGO

Bruce Plecan passed away a few years ago.

Haven't heard anything from ECMGUY in years.

The others I haven't heard of."

I suppose Chris hasn't heard of me because he's been too busy arguing with my answers on some of the forums we're both involved in. That probably means I did a good job of disappearing after the diy_efi list started going downhill. Props to me, eh?

Anything posted to diy_efi or gmecm by me was released to the list with the intention that it be used to help further tuning as a hobby and to help individuals wishing to repair or improve their own vehicles. Feel free to put the same information here as long as the source is credited. If you find some of the stuff I've posted to other forums and wish to copy it also, again, feel free as long as the references are correct.

Shannen

Well if I find any you will surely be noted! That was the entire purpose of this section.

Now that your here why don't you hang around and give us a hand? We are all just gear head freinds here. No fighting. May argue a little but that's a good thing to come up with correct information and understanding.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Ok, how am I supposed to know that "Shannen Durphy" is "1project2many"?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
    Ok, how am I supposed to know that "1project2many" is "ECMGUY"?

Maybe if there were faces attched to the user names, maybe, but just random user names on the internet have no connection between each other.
    He said his name was Shannen, he has not heard from ECMGUY in years. I thought I read somewhere he passed away...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator

ECMGuy hasn't been with us since sometime in the VERY late 90s or early 2000s...

Shannen, how else might we know you?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Administrator

Now that your here why don't you hang around and give us a hand? We are all just gear head freinds here. No fighting. May argue a little but that's a good thing to come up with correct information and understanding.
    A few arguments don't bother me. Otherwise I would have run when I saw "Six_Shooter" as a member. I might hang around for a little bit but honestly my interests and time commitments are different than they were 15 years ago.

Ok, how am I supposed to know that "Shannen Durphy" is "1project2many"?
    Idunno... maybe because Dig called me out by name on code59 after I joined to help with the DIS stuff? You don't see many people named Shannen deep into the GM efi stuff. It's ok though. I felt pretty good when you said that the way I change the DIS settings *might* work as well as your method. It was like I'd finally proven myself and been accepted by the guru.

Shannen, how else might we know you?
    If you were reading my posts you'd probably see complete thoughts expressed with mostly correct spelling and grammar. More of my posts are likely to be answers than questions and the answers would consist of more long posts than short. I tend to include a bunch of information so I don't have to repeat myself but you'll have to read thoroughly to see it all. If I make a "Here's what I've done" or "Here's my project" post it's likely to be met with the sounds of crickets chirping. And of course there's my habit of answering a question thoroughly and completely without ever providing the exact answer the OP was looking for.

Carb and Points!

At least you weren't looking for Mick...