Thread: holley projection throttle body

Fuel Injected!

holley projection throttle body

i was wondering if you can get a gm obd1 ecu to run a holley projection 4di throttle body so you can have 4 barrels instead of 2? i have a 1969 chevy truck that i would like to install efi onto and be able to burn a new program to.

Administrator
    This can be, and has been, done. The ecm's are designed to provide enough current to run two TBI injectors so they need modification in order to run four. It's not difficult if you have soldering skills and access to parts although plenty of people get scared at the thought of working inside the ecm case. Here's an idea of what's involved in the hardware upgrade: http://home.comcast.net/~p-928/749mods.html

If that isn't to you're liking, check out Dynamic EFI (site sponsor). He does quite a bit to OE GM ECM's to make them very user friendly and he can set up an ecm to work with the Holley throttle body.

Fuel Injected!
    my ecu is number 16168625 and i have a second one with number 16186695 would it be the same for these as 1227749?

Administrator
    There are similarities but they're definitely not an exact match.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks for the info i will have to check that out

A friend of mine has done no ECM modifications and runs 4 TBI injectors off the PCM. He is running pairs of injectors in series, off a `7060 PCM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    what vehicle does the 7060 come from and is it similar to the 1618625

It's only similar in that it runs TBI. It was installed in the 454 pick ups in the early '90s. It also ran the 4L80E trans. I believe the injector drivers are the same between the '7060 and other TBI ECM/PCMs.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    thank you

Administrator
    He is running pairs of injectors in series, off a `7060 PCM.
    Have you gotten to inductors and RL circuits yet in class? Multiple inductors in series run by switching voltage should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Have you gotten to inductors and RL circuits yet in class? Multiple inductors in series run by switching voltage should be interesting.
    We have, and I think I know what you're getting at. I would have to review my notes to recall the effect, but this seems to work fine in his car(s). I do want to experiment with some other configurations though, to see if improvements can be made.

Make sure the four barrel is set up simultaneous and not progressive. I had one once that was progressive, it ran like poop... till I noticed the rear throttle bores were filling with fuel...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    yes all four of mine open at same rate at the same time.

Fuel Injected!
    Selling a 4D ecu if your interested.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...jection-4d-box