Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OBD and Smartphones..

Fuel Injected!
    Except for a few usa built devices,most all are china built and simply rebranded that I can tell.
    On that assumption I bought the cheapest ones I could find ($10ea) to try.
    They worked great so far,no issues connecting etc.
    Now the USA built ones from Scantool.net have a circuit that turns it off with key iirc in case you leave it i. Place.
    Torque Pro ($4.99)is the app you want,it also has a plug in called torque scan that you prob want.

i haven't played enough to see everything they can do,but it will easily replace any $100 handheld scantool from any manufacturer.
    Just having PIDs available puts it into the $150+ scantool category,it will also log and build custom dashboards as well as mode $06 test data.

Just search ebay for mini elm327 bluetooth and find the lowest price.
    There is a china company with a california warehouse that I ordered from,tom tong or tom tum or similar.
    I'm sure it might have some issues being the cheapest version,but so far no issues.

I habe no problem upgrading to a more expemsive one now that I know that the app is worth it.
    i even bought an extra to give to a friend whos' car I repair,this way he can send me a log of the issue or check code for me easily since he lives 30m away.

Here's a new one for androids. Google Nose? It smells? Now if we could get AFR in data base we'd be set...

https://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-