Thread: Got my cable ready to data log...Which XDF do i need?

Electronic Ignition! jbrenneman13's Avatar

Got my cable ready to data log...Which XDF do i need?

Got my ALDL cable in the mail today.Ready to do some data logging but dont know which file I need.I have the 16196395 ecm with BDXJ chip.

Also where can I find the bin for the 96 gvan with the tbi vortec 350.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbrenneman13 View Post
    Got my ALDL cable in the mail today.Ready to do some data logging but dont know which file I need.I have the 16196395 ecm with BDXJ chip.

Also where can I find the bin for the 96 gvan with the tbi vortec 350.

Thanks
    The copy I have of BDXJ is $OD.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OD

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Vortec 350 never came with tbi pretty sure,96 began csfi.
    I'm sure I have a bin for a 1996 vortec 350,but far as I know there has never been a factory vortec tbi.

*sorry,checked your posts and see what your building. Unfortunately I don't have what you need.
    Looks like nice build

Yes it did, it's a freak and we have the bin...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Really? Awesome possum,gotta have it!
    Mexico?

HHHMMMMM, a Vortec tbi 350. Interesting. I have a buddy's truck at my place that is in need of an engine, he wants to keep it a 350. I have contemplated a few Vortec 350s that I saw on CL for reasonable but didn't know if it would work out with TBI. His truck is a '92 manual so it has the '7747. What ECM/PCM does this Vortec TBI use? OBDI or II? I will have to download it sometime and take a look at it.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Fuel Injected!
    Also,are we talking vortec head with tbi or full vortec roller with tbi?
    So there is a factory tbi->vortec manifold as well then also?
    So many educatez I wantz.

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    HHHMMMMM, a Vortec tbi 350. Interesting. I have a buddy's truck at my place that is in need of an engine, he wants to keep it a 350. I have contemplated a few Vortec 350s that I saw on CL for reasonable but didn't know if it would work out with TBI. His truck is a '92 manual so it has the '7747. What ECM/PCM does this Vortec TBI use? OBDI or II? I will have to download it sometime and take a look at it.
    About a 1 year ago I helped a co-worker with a budget / performance 5.7 engine for his 1989 K2500. We purchased a Vortec 350 short block assembly (stock Vortec roller camshaft) from a near by engine re-manufacture To save a few $$ we had the engine built using the older dish 350 pistons with standard deep depth plain cast rings. The heads are off the shelf rebuilt "191 / 193" TBI heads with factory TBI intake. The engine / 700R4 does very well when pulling a 6000 lb Boat or RV Trailer. I tuned a chip for the roller camshaft.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

That doesn't look like a Vortec to me. Just a center bolt headed SBC. Found in late '80s to mid '90s vehicles.

Vortec has the plastic timing cover, new style rear seal, and the Vortec heads do not accept the TBI intake.

I'd like to see more evidence of this TBI Vortec engine, since all information suggests otherwise and why the GMPP and other aftermarket TBI intakes seem to be such a big deal.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    That doesn't look like a Vortec to me. Just a center bolt headed SBC. Found in late '80s to mid '90s vehicles.

Vortec has the plastic timing cover, new style rear seal, and the Vortec heads do not accent the TBI intake.

I'd like to see more evidence of this TBI Vortec engine, since all information suggests otherwise and why the GMPP and other aftermarket TBI intakes seem to be such a big deal.
    Maybe the question is for me? The Vortec 350 block is a one piece rear main seal roller block. The older stamped sheet metal timing cover can be used on a Vortec roller block after the stamped steel timing cover alignment dowel pins are installed the Vortec block. The early version roller SBC blocks with one piece rear main seals are not as abundant as the Vortec blocks, but are identical for parts interchanges.

Personally, I don't know if GM ever shipped a 1996 Vortec / TBI engine. I've wondered if a company like DHL / UPS / FedEX did a fleet purchase of export only delivery vehicles for South America or Africa what might or might not be used for a power train / engine / transmission combination?

dave w

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-