Thread: Greetings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Greetings

I am new to EFI and the last car I worked on had a carburator and no ECM. I do know something about control systems and all I need right now is datalogging. I am trying to use TuneProRT to get data from a 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Royale with a 3800 SFI. I think I need $5B2 ADS file for a 1228253 ECM but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone out there have a file that would work for this engine?

Thanks For Your Help,

--CCFI

Super Moderator
    it looks like you would need the A072 datastream for that car. i don't know if anyone has built a defintion for that yet, i know i haven't.

i can builld you a small "testing" ADS/ADX to see if it will communicate the way GM describes it, if it works well, then building a full stream after that will be easy.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!

'89 Oldsmobile 3800 ADS/ADX

I would be grateful if you could do that. I do not see a file out there already. What resources do you use to put the file together? I am likely to need others as my project progresses. I am an Engineer and have a computer background but am new to this stuff.

--JL

Super Moderator
    an old archive named ALDLstuff.zip.... a few years ago, it could be easily found in a lot of locations, including the Moates fileserver. Mark might have it hosted here, but i'm not sure where to start looking for it.

Super Moderator
    did some digging, found at least one source that's still alive.
    ftp://diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/

Thanks Robert!

Of course we have it!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/def/

There is a gap in ads files built from .ds files from 69 to 83 so it looks like your 72 was never done.

and...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!

'89 Oldsmobile 3800 ADS/ADX

Getting that file was a huge help. Unfortunately I made no progress getting datalogging on the engine. I went through many of the files and A156AM seemed to match the description of the car the best (based on the application heading). I can't seem to get TunerProRT to connect. I tested the Moates Xtreme-ALDL and that passes until I plug the cable into the car, then further tests fail. TunerProRT is set to use plug-in, COM5 which matches port/USB configurations. I got data using $5B5 but the data was garbled (speed mis-match, frame shift error or the like). I will look through the rest of the files but I suspect I am stuck for the moment unless the sages of this forum have some guidance.

Thanks!