Thread: Where Can I Find Reliable Electrical Schematics?

Electronic Ignition!

Where Can I Find Reliable Electrical Schematics?

Friends,
    I am fed up with these horrid inaccurate wiring diagrams, Hanes and Chilton manuals are my primary complaint now.

SO! Where do I find an accurate electrical schematic for a '90 GMC Sierra 2WD 1/2 ton with a V6 and manual tranny and a '91 with a 5.7L TBI (K) and a THM700 tranny.

There seems to be part of the electrical harnesses from both in my truck. The engine, tranny, & electrical harness seem to come from the '91, except the part of the harness in the engine compartment that come out of the firewall on the drivers side and feeds some of the engine, the grill area and rear of the truck, that seems to be original.

Both halves of the coupling at the firewall are the same and connect but the wires are not in the same locations and thus not connecting to the proper things on the other side of the firewall.
    Sincerely Jon

Probably the factory service manual. I have bought them on disc for my 93 wrangler and 99 grand cherokee, as well as my dads 99 ram 3500 from bishko.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/

Here is what they list for your truck:

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/Items...ual/15179.html
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I get my schematics from my local public library. In the reference section of the library are Mitchell's Manuals.

Online Mitchell's Manual
    http://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing...p?VID=&Count=Y Subscribitions starting a $11.99 per vehicle.

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 03-12-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Great ideas fellas, Thanx

I own a '90 service manual and electrical wiring diagrams manual (they were in different books at this time). Let me know if you want a specific section scaned of something. The 91 should be very similar to the 90.
    1990 GMC C1500, 5spd, 1993 LT1 (ECM 16159278 $DA3)

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrod View Post
    I own a '90 service manual and electrical wiring diagrams manual (they were in different books at this time). Let me know if you want a specific section scaned of something. The 91 should be very similar to the 90.
    I went to the library to check out their manuals and the librarian said to me, "We don't have many manuals.. ..(I felt bummed down a bit but she continues).. .. but we have a subscription to an online service called Mitchell 1", I screamed real loud, "BOOOYAAAW!", Then started to do a touchdown dance all up on tables and desks singing and chanting WHOOYEA! BAABEE! Kicking papers and books in the air.
    Then she logged me on and left me to it, then a guy had two noisy kids that were seriouly disturbing the peace came near me.
    My memory isn't like it use to be so it may not exactly how it happened, perhaps the two kids part may be my mind playing tricks on me.
    Mostly Sincerely Jon ;÷》