Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this bin,opinion

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah,pretty sure it was something to do with my software install.
    When I have to reload TC it is a bear to get it working right,literally takes me hours to get winflash talking and then TC opening since i've went with a win7 netbook.
    Always working out bugs.

Yeah I ended up loading virtual xp mode on my win7 laptop I had to many issues in win7 no issues in xp mode

I run TunerCat and WinFlash and anything TunerCat related on Windows 7 no problems.

Before Install. Right click the install program, Properties, Compatibility, Windows XP Service Pack 3. Then install. Do the same for the Program Icon after install. Never an issue.

May have to clean up first? Uninstall and run a program to remove registry issues. I use Advanced System Care 6.1.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    That's exactly how I do it eagle.
    I also have to go thru and change a bunch of files that somehow convert to read-only.

And pretty sure no registry issues,just got a new hard drive and the old one couldn't be cloned so just started new.
    The only programs on it besides tuning/car stuff is a registry cleaner I think and packet stuff.

I'm pretty sure it is user-error and i've simply not found the correct pilot wrench.

Still no email returned from guy that built harness.

Electronic Ignition!
    Playtoy

I helped my nephew put a 6.0 in a 89 Camaro. We redid the harness and got it running pretty good. (12.50's on street tires) While playing with it I tried to flash a Camaro os into it to see if it made a difference. It would run but the fuel trims would just go up through the roof. I tried to bring them down but nothing I did seemed to change them climbing. Some of the os changes don't work the way we think they should.

I'm glad to see some of the Monodax regulars over here!!!!

Mike

It's probably the same thing I found with wiring, O2 sensors and case ground or isolated ground. The results are same, fuel trim issues...

Here's some notes I kept which made me go through wiring diagrams.

The main compatibility issue I foresee are the O2 sensors. All 2003 to 2007 Gen III trucks use “Isolate ground” O2 sensors (ground controlled by the PCM). The 1999 to 2002 4.8L and 5.3L trucks predominantly use “Case ground” O2 sensors (ground directly). With the 6.0L, from 1999 to 2002, the O2 sensors could be:
    •Isolate ground (front) and Case ground (rear)
    •Isolate ground (all - front and rear)
    Regards,
    Taz

By way of example ….

If your current wiring harness and PCM tune are designed to work with Case Grounded O2 sensors:
    •the PCM requires a “high” and “low” signal from each O2 sensor
    •B1S1 “High” is typically connector C1 pin 69 (pin B on the O2 sensor)
    •B1S1 “Low” is typically connector C1 pin 29 (pin A on the O2 sensor)
    •B2S1 “High” is typically connector C1 pin 66 (pin B on the O2 sensor)
    •B2S1 “Low” is typically connector C1 pin 26 (pin A on the O2 sensor)
    the O2 sensors self ground (pin C on the O2 sensor)

If your current wiring harness and PCM tune are designed to work with Isolated Grounded O2 sensors:
    •the PCM requires a “high” signal from each O2 sensor
    •the PCM requires “low” signal from each O2 sensor - BUT the wires from pin A of all four O2 sensors merge in a mutual splice pack, THEN connect to their respective PCM pin locations
    •the PCM also requires a “low reference” signal - mutual to all four O2 sensors
    •B1S1 “High” is typically connector C1 pin 69 (pin B on the O2 sensor)
    •B1S1 “Low” is typically connector C1 pin 29 (pin A on the O2 sensor)
    •B2S1 “High” is typically connector C1 pin 66 (pin B on the O2 sensor)
    •B2S1 “Low” is typically connector C1 pin 26 (pin A on the O2 sensor)
    the mutual low reference signal is typically connector C1 pin 63 (pin A from all O2 sensors)

All front O2 sensors on the 1999 - 2003 6.0 L are “Isolate Ground” variants. The rear O2 sensors on the 6.0 L could be either Case Ground or Isolate Ground. As long as the O2 sensors you wish to use as a substitute are Isolate Ground - they should work just fine.

GM used a mix of O2 connectors in those years - flat, square, triangular, and of various colors.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Eagle,I was gonna ask you about it since I did read furthur into it and I think your right.
    Was waiting till I could see the truck again cause without more data it's moot.

I did look at a diagram for the proper model truck and it did show the high and low +/- like you mention with the pcm it has.
    I believe your right,but can't confirm till I see it again.

Haven't said anything to buddy yet,wanted to talk to builder first. Really don't wanna talk down someone else's work or make buddy think bad of it until I know there is a definitive problem.
    He trusts both my work and opinion so I think he'll just toss me the keys if I tell him I just wanna see how it's wired.
    He knows I just like to see how things work :)
    I'll make a trip out there in next couple days with diagram and cut the harness apart a bit.
    Using your info and pinouts for the pcm should be able to figure it out.

In fact,he keeps trying to pay me for looking at his stuff. If this is the issue then i'll tell him to give me a few bucks to donate to forum.

I kind of had the opposite of what happened to silvergs.

Truck engine and harness rewired and used a Camaro PCM and worked but was a 5.7L, well motor was a 5.3L manual so I used a 5.3L truck and did a segmaent swap for manual... O2 sensors no worky? Put Camaro cal back in and they worked... that's when I found this issue.

-= =-

theres a new pcm dat file dated 3.13.13 I opened the bin on the RA version (older) with no problem. 7 has never caused me any issues either.

Fuel Injected!
    Rig is on it's way to disney for a competition this weekend so will have to be after he gets back.

Thanks t,i'll doublecheck my version info again.