Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this bin,opinion

Fuel Injected!

Check out this bin,opinion

This came out of a mud buggy I diag'd today.
    Issue turned out to be a bad injector plug,but uploaded .bin to take a look at it since it wasn't going into closed loop and showing no trim data.

Unfortunately,I can't open the damn thing up.
    I can see it in Tunerpro,but have barely messed with TP and still not used to it.
    Nearest I can tell is it is a silverado base file with maybe a corvette segment swap?
    I can't find what I want in TP,trying to get TC lined out so it will recognize the cal.
    The OS is in my .dat file for that VDF but when it flags the cal upon opening it does reference the os number with more zero's than the dat shows.
    Anyway,take a look and let me know if you find anything interesting please.
    Engine is supposed to be a takeout 6.0 with a custom harness just for a jeep/tube chassis swap,built by someone semi local to the area apparently.

Not sure how this harness is setup as far as range switch,auto/manual etc..
    Truck itself is a tube frame/jeepish thing and runs a th350 trans.

Hope to line out my TC issues,if not i'll drop a pm to John on monday.

This is labeled as a corvette only because the calibration information had it labeled as a corvette so I carried it into the title as well as os and pcm id's (along with buddies name,colton). The PCM was in fact not an 0411 though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

TunerPro will open it and you can use the hex editor, but there's only one definition I know of for OBDII 2001 0411.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...S1-PCM-Project!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

1G1YY22G9X5127451

1999 Corvette LS1 5.7L V8

PCM 1220411

OS 12208322

Eng cal 9357834

Trans cal 16164216

I don't have a stock one to compare...

With a 6.0L custom harness and no closed loop trim data it's probably the wrong O2 sensors. Grounded or Isolated ground, wiring is different.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I can get it to open in tunerpro,just not familiar with the software yet so navigating the .bin for info is time consuming.
    I'm curious why TC isn't opening it,I see the operating system listed in the .dat file with the correct definition associated from what I can tell.
    I've got an idea,not sure if it will work,will tunerpro allow changing the osid for a .bin?

Fuel Injected!

That is the OS the TunerPro XDF files are for. But all I did was open it with TunerCat so I think you have an issue.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    No surprise there,I went thru hardware issues and then nothing but problems getting software to work right afterwards.
    Any chance of getting a copy of your .dat file to compare and see what's up?

Fuel Injected!
    Made sure my .dat was updated,just getting an unable to open .cal popup now.
    Checked my .dat file,and 12208322 looks to be calling for the OBD2_03 VDF association (2001-02 trucks) and not the OBD2_01 VDF for the corvette/Fbody.
    I have both VDF's and i've tried reinstalling them and still nothing.

Fuel Injected!
    This is what i'm seeing,and the code from the .dat.

Code:
    12208322T",12200411,8,40,1,2,"OBD2_03_02",409600,49152,11776,20480,2560,7456,2432,256,0,2308

Got it to open,simply deleted the "T" after the OSID and inserted a C.
    Don't know why I thought it would work,or why it did.
    But it did so meh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 03-10-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Strange? Here's a link to the latest .dat file.
    http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/updates.html

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Where is the engine,trans etc.. cal id info at in tunerpro?
    Just curious,been looking thru and haven't found it.
    I have been figuring out how to find it in the hex editor though :)
    Need to dig thru other files and see if the addresses are constant though so I can write down where to look in future.

Haven't spent alot of time on the above bin,but haven't seen any reason offhand why it wouldn't be going into closed loop.
    I'm going to look thru it some more,then get the guy's number from my buddy and call and see if he'll jabber about tuning with me.

Told buddy already we should leave it alone for now.
    I've not done many full swap/reprograms on a purpose built offroad truck like this,maybe he locks the trims out for a reason.
    If buddy wants me to do anything with it then I'll just roll my own like I do on other swaps and start with a fresh file.

Near as I can tell though,it is a truck file with a corvette segment swap for the engine data.
    Can someone please help me figure out a way to verify that?
    If I got off my butt and made a spreadsheet of stock os and cal's like i've been thinking then that would help compare.
    I see no reason for the vette segment swap to be in there,there are no mods I can see on the motor other than headers/intake.
    That could be the reason for running so rich at idle?

Anyway,I welcome opinions.
    Gonna keep looking thru it and prob call the guy that built harness and just talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    With a 6.0L custom harness and no closed loop trim data it's probably the wrong O2 sensors. Grounded or Isolated ground, wiring is different.
    I found this once in a truck motor and harness with a F body PCM... no closed loop, no trim...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I'll definately check that out.
    Sent him an email,I'll dig up some diagrams and see if I can ferret out what my osid calls for versus how he's wired.

While diag'ing a bad injector wire I did cut the harness open from the #2 injector all the way across to pcm which is below where glovebox would be inside cab looking for the injector power splice.
    I found basically a huge splice of what looked like all the Vpower ckt's if I had to guess.
    He said the truck has no fusebox and I know there is no real key on/start,only an on switch and starter button.
    With key on fuel pump is constant as well.

None of this is how I would build a custom harness for this application,but as I said before i'm not sure what the norm is with these type's of trucks.
    I personally love fuses and relay's and switches,they just mean more control as well as protection.
    Maybe not what you want on the trail though?

Anyway,didn't see anything that I would call wrong. Just not what I prefer myself.
    The price for the harness is pretty good though,think it is around $6-700.
    I'm assuming they're using a tuning solution with vin licensing since most are so considering $100? for a license as well and I thought it was reasonably cheap for a harness.
    Fiero swap harnesses start around $750 I think no cores,and GM or S&P harnesses like $1500+ prob?

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    While diag'ing a bad injector wire I did cut the harness open from the #2 injector all the way across to pcm which is below where glovebox would be inside cab looking for the injector power splice.
    I found basically a huge splice of what looked like all the Vpower ckt's if I had to guess.
    He said the truck has no fusebox and I know there is no real key on/start,only an on switch and starter button.
    With key on fuel pump is constant as well.
    Sounds like a hack job...

-= =-

i didnt have to change anything i was able to open it