Thread: My Dual TBI Camaro Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My project

Well, I thought I should update this thread, so here goes.

The car is running AWESOME!!!. I have been working 70+ hours for the last two weeks so not much tuning lately, just an odd datalog to work or back, and a few changes in the evenings. But really it is running so well now that I really don't even feel the need to go any further. I did put a 2" air filter on it and raised the back of the factory scoop so it would fit, and much like I expected it ran a little richer across the board, and shows a slight vacuum (compared to KOEOff). So I am leaving a little power untapped but I don't mind. I have been thinking about taking it back down to the dyno soon if funds permit. It is just so fun and comfortable to drive now.

The other day my turn signal lever broke, so I decided to replace it with one from a '90 van with the Cruise Control switch in it. I made an adapter stub to mount it and will be running the wires down the column this week. Luckily when I was making the harness I included the cruise control plugs and wires and got the servo control of the van that the 4L80E came from. So i am one step closer to having cruise control on this thing.

That is about all I have to add. Below are the .xdf, .adx, and .bin that I am working with now. I did add Trans Fluid Temp to the engine datastream, which is really nice to have now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 02-03-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s