This was very popular on another forum but the moderator there did not want it?

So I thought I would try it here and see if anyone is into having a specail Topic to discuss each week. We can do anything EFI related.

This week I picked Knock Sensor! Discussion should be revolved around Knock Sensor and complete circut and anything it does.

I am looking over a BCC ASDU.bin with $42 mask and 1227747 ECM. These came with knock sensor and ESC module then adjust timing through ECM via the EST or sometimes called ICM which is located in the distributor to reduce spark when sensor detects knock.

There are many options noted in TunerPro when using the $42 mask.

False knock has always been an issue. Even the GM manual gives a procedure to check knock sensor is "Hit block with hammer and note if knock is detected" So many things can cause false knock. Things I have read are
Exhaust pipe hitting frame.
Forget a gear drive as they make to much noise.
Off roaders have reported knock readings in data when knock could not have happened, but they remember hitting rocks.
Open headers, to much noise to close to engine.

I have learned to use the knock sesor as a tool in my own vehicle and develope a tune that is safe and bumps against knock, then back out 2 degrees across the board. If I get no knock readings I disable knock sensor.

So some things I would like to know and compare is how much spark does your ECM (engine size or info as well) take out when knock is detected? Mine says
MAP 60 takes out 5.98
Map 70 to 100 takes out 8.09

How long does it take out spark?

How is recovery rate figured?

How long does it take away spark?