Thread: First timer..Wow

Carb and Points!

First timer..Wow

I have a an 84 gmc stepside with a TPI with the 165 ecm..Piggyback chip running the 89 programming..Just hooked up to TunerproRT for the first time...Wow seems a bit overwhelming at this point..
    Want to start out by trying to understand what the heck I'm looking at..Hope to get my first log this weekend...Then the million question should start..

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah,Welcome,I too am new to all of this,but,it seems that You have taken it to a bit of a higher level with that "Piggy Back" thing.LOL

Carb and Points!
    It looks like my data logging session might be on hold for this weekend..Expecting snow. Time is so very difficult to come bye..I think that it will be the biggest obsticle in trying to learn how to do this stuff..

With the LS swaps being all the rage..Is it a waste of time to learn how to tune with an ancient computer like the 165?? Or would what I learn help down the road with newer technology??

Thanks for your input.

You'll actually learn more starting with the older system and it all transfers well to newer! Cost of newer software will slow you down a bit though...

Time is an issue, just find a little time each day. Or you'll end up in a Tuners Annonomous class...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    You'll actually learn more starting with the older system and it all transfers well to newer! Cost of newer software will slow you down a bit though...

Time is an issue, just find a little time each day. Or you'll end up in a Tuners Annonomous class...
    OH CRAP!!!! I already attend five to eight meetings a week for alcohol and now this too,Now there`ll never be any time to learn about this new technology stuff.