So I have a 96 corvette, and am working on a 0411 pcm conversion. But not the efi connections stuff.

anyway, I have been doing some extensive research. I want to integrate my CCM into the mix and am looking at using the 04 gto PIM to translate the class 2 to 8192 uart.

so back to the subject... What does it take to get EVERYTHING off my 96 pcm?
I want to know how and what does the optispark reading... what and how it defines which cylinder is which, and what the rest of the pcm sees from the optispark
Basically, I want to use the optispark on the 0411. I want to know if I could just change the section of the chip that reads the 24x reluctor wheel, and change it to how the 96 pcm reads the optispark. I would only be using the signal side of the opti, not the high voltage side. I plan to use the CNP from the 0411.

I am working with another corvette owner who is doing the zr1 section of this project. Together we plan to produce a pnp style kit to use the 0411 pcm on c4 corvettes. We are in the developmental stages and just need some more information.

I will likely start another thread about the whole project, I just need to know the subject of this thread... how do I get EVERYTHING off my 96 LT4 pcm. I see it has two buses, one for j1850 vpw and one for 8192 uart, and I would like to know if I can just use the uart bus to get into the pcm.

Thanks guys.