Thread: New,Lost and working on it.Eastern Mt.

Fuel Injected!

New,Lost and working on it.Eastern Mt.

Well,I have the files loaded and working,I need to read the "Glitch" thread though.
    I am working on creating a "Dash Board" but I will work that out in a different thread.
    I am going to be looking for the information needed to be able to switch between vehicles.
    I will be converting over to TBI a 83 GMC 1500,a 79 Chevy 2500 and a 1959 Dodge W100 Power Wagon with the Poly Head 318.I was working on converting My 78 MGB over to a self made TBI units using twin carbs. but that did`nt go so well so,I now will wait until I can afford Patton Machine Products SU carb adapters.
    I have been scrapping,collecting everything I can from the GM TBI pickups/suburbans and I now have enough to get started doing them conversions but,first I want to get real familiar with this "TunerPro RT" and how to load the files and switch between/add new vehicles.
    I have got My 89 Buick Century loaded and reading but now,I will be working on loading My 93 GMC 1500 and switching between those two vehicles before trying something that I have converted and am not even sure if I got it right to begin with.LOL
    Almost forgot,When I was working with the 78 MG-B I was working with the DIY Autotune controller that came in a kit,just because I assembled one of these kits does NOT mean that I know anything about how all this stuff works,like,what is the differences between a .BIN or a ADX or a ...................the list is endless.
    OK,enough of that,it is time to go exploring.
    Last edited by mrmarty51; 02-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.

bin is the file on your chip.

XDF is file to make changes to chip

ADX is to monitor and or record data.

What ECM is in the 93 Chevy?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read!-)

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

bin is the file on your chip.

XDF is file to make changes to chip

ADX is to monitor and or record data.

What ECM is in the 93 Chevy?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read!-)

I have`nt made it that far as of yet.I have been adding a few up grades to the 93 and have`nt had time to get into it yet.
    I will get into it within the next two days,got to finish what I started first.
    I did read all the way through that thread once but I know it is going to take Me a very long time to get this right.LOL
    I`m thinking the 93 is the 7747 ECM.

Good possibility if it's not an E transmission.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Good possibility if it's not an E transmission.
    No,It is just the 700R4

Administrator
    Howdy.

You've got the right idea to start with working vehicles. Do you have tools to do real time tuning or will you be burning chips? The real time tuning hardware saves a pile of time. You might find the Dodge is easier to get running right than the older GMs. Those old trucks can be a fight.

Where in Eastern MT are you? I lived in Hardin for a few years.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Howdy.

You've got the right idea to start with working vehicles. Do you have tools to do real time tuning or will you be burning chips? The real time tuning hardware saves a pile of time. You might find the Dodge is easier to get running right than the older GMs. Those old trucks can be a fight.

Where in Eastern MT are you? I lived in Hardin for a few years.
    Well,I have a garage full of tools but I do`nt have anything for burning any chips,that may come a bit later.
    I worked for the Montana D.O.T and retired out of there,from mechanicing,had in thirty one years,worked mostly on the heavy stuff and did`nt get to do much with the pickups and cars.My knowlege of computerized vehicles is very limited.Whenever they had Me hook a scanner to one I was totally lost and was absolutely clueless as to what the machine was telling Me.
    In other words,I am at ground ZERO.
    I`m thinking for now I just want to be able to sit down and read what the numbers are telling Me.There is one guy in the squarebody forum that seems to be able to lopok at what someone sends Him in a file and tell them that this is to high or that number is too low,well,I dont think I wioll get that good.LOL
    I live in Miles City,born and raised.I have been to Hardin a few time,mostly just passing through on the way to Yellow Tail Dam,open water certified for scuba in that lake and have domne some fishing in the big Horn river.I used to know the Pretty Weasels when I was at a younger age but thats about the only people I know from Hardin,well,brian Simeon,He`s another one of us crazey ice fishin dudes.LOL

Administrator
    Everyone has to start somewhere. Good thing you've got scuba gear though.... you've gone head first into the deepest part of the pool.

It's tough to learn to turn the numbers into something "real." If you can make an engine run with a carb and points then you've got a start though. It's the same old game, just with a whole lot more stuff to tinker with. Get the fuel at the right amount, get the spark at the right time, and it runs. And you get to keep your hands clean. The computer stuff takes time but you don't have to be an expert to make your truck run well. Learn to read the signs the engine's giving you and you'll do ok.

I passed through Miles City a couple of times but never spent any time there. Had a friend that loved to go out every year for the bucking horse sale before he got tied down. He tended to disappear for a while after that so I know he had more fun than he should have. But I haven't heard Pretty Weasel mentioned in years. I used fix a couple of outfits for someone from that family at the Chevy dealership in town. You might have met Bob Davisson from Fort Smith? He used to work for Forest Service (or maybe Park Service) and had stories about diving behind the dam helping recover lost trucks, boats, barges and whatever. Loved to tell his "big fish in the spillway" story if you showed any interest.

Anyway, you've found a good group to help if you get stuck so have fun and ask questions if something doesn't seem right.