Thread: 1997 Express LT4 Cammed L31...0411 Swapped, Tuned, Dyno'd....Ran out of engine!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Lower gears are always a pleasant suprise! Did the vans ever come with them?

Really enjoying the actual Hot Rod talk here! I've seen the pictures Hog posted of the exhasut system before and it was a shock, but the LT-1 manifolds, now there's to tricks!

What's with the "RV/Fleet/Taxi aka FIRM mode" ?
    When you setup a Transgo shift kit, the instructions guide you through drilling the seperator plate, shimming the accumulator sprongs and spring selection. They have 3 different levels of firmness. Mild, Firm, Race or something to that effect. I set mine up as firmly as recomeended on a stock torque converter. While it shifts firmly, the vans weight and high gear ratio helps smooth it out.

I would not recomeend removing as much torque management from a stock transmission without the Transgo. My EPC is also cranked up about 30 psi. I am running the same maximum line pressure as the old performajce oriented 700r4s, 235 psi. You can test the pressure by unplugging the 13 pin case connector, hooking up a line pressure gauge, starting the truck and shifting into D, and raising the engine rpm to ~1,500 only long enough to stabilize the pressure and read the gauge, as you are quickly building heat in the converter. I Also played with the tables to increase the pressure at lower calculated torque values. Part throttle shifts really firm up around 1/2 throttle.
    Last edited by Fast355; 02-21-2013 at 04:56 PM.