Thread: JET DST aka. Tuner Cats OBD II any good ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hp tuners also has a forum in which you can learn and ask questions.

I have to say that so far I still haven't seen any problems with HP Tuners for what I am wanting to do. Overall, they support the 3800 and are still $300 cheaper than EFI Live so that makes it fairly attractive to me. For now at least, I am just wanting to be able to make some fairly simple changes to the wife's car and my truck so I am not worried about more advanced stuff like PCM swaps and things of that nature. I think that my mind is fairly made up at this point, but I won't be making any purchases for a little bit while I get the truck in shape and get rid of my piles of stuff for the firebird.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.

Carb and Points!
    Newbie first post... LOL!!

Guys,
    Just wondering, I see complaints about JET DST but is not the exact program same as Tunercat OBDII?!? So whenever Tunercat is updated, so is Jet DST...right?!? Other than unlimited licenses for TC, and 6 for Jet, what else is different? Again, just wondering....

DayShifter

Quote Originally Posted by dayshifter View Post
    Newbie first post... LOL!!

Guys,
    Just wondering, I see complaints about JET DST but is not the exact program same as Tunercat OBDII?!? So whenever Tunercat is updated, so is Jet DST...right?!? Other than unlimited licenses for TC, and 6 for Jet, what else is different? Again, just wondering....

DayShifter
    1- You can't read calibrations without spending a VIN license, the same is true for flashing. If the vehicle is not licensed you can't flash it.
    It makes sense not to allow flashing without a license, but read should be allowed for free.

With TC you can read/flash/change vin without restrictions