Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Support The Forum: Buy ALDL Cables!

i use ttsdatamaster also efi live has the obd1 scanner that is free where do i send payment for cable?

also here is what is posted on TC website of the Y-cable he sells
    These are high quality USB/ALDL interface cable sets that allow you to connect your PC to the vehicle's ALDL connector for programming of the vehicle's computer or data logging. The cables are compatible with the C.A.T.S. Tuner and WinFlash programs for the 1994/1995 LT1 cars and are also compatible with most scan tool and data logging software for GM vehicles with 8192 baud ALDL data streams. The cables are not compatible with vehicles using the early 160 baud ALDL data stream

Super Moderator
    anticipating ~10 days before parts get here for more cables.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

I still want them...

Super Moderator
    expecting final parts to arrive for another batch today or tomorrow, other parts i've ordered at the same time have shown up in the last two days.

Carb and Points!
    These are $45 shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    expecting final parts to arrive for another batch today or tomorrow, other parts i've ordered at the same time have shown up in the last two days.
    Last edited by Achilles; 06-20-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Super Moderator
    correct, for anywhere in the US, expect international shipments to be a little more.

i just got the mail, and while i have a bunch of packages in-hand, none are what i need at the moment.

ARRGHH!!! lol, When you get some together, I want whatever it is I need...

China is not known for good shipping...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    well, i got the first 5 ALDL ends here finally.... and the others will probably be a day or two behind.

unfortunately, i have the wrong ones. i was led to believe that they were the units i'm used to using... turns out they're not. they're about a foot longer(good), but the wired pins aren't correct... A, B and M are present, but E is not(in place of it, G), so while they would work just fine with any 8192 baud application, to work with 160 baud the ALDL connector on the vehicle would need repinned(the vehicle-side E pin would need to be moved to M). if i were to build the cable as-is and use G in place of the E pin and the G pin on the vehicle-side connector were populated, a dead cable is a certainly, since to my knowledge, G was only ever used to provide an alternate way of powering the fuel pump...

so, now i don't know what to do. i'm not going to force anybody to use it if they don't want it, but now it's going to take even longer to get the correct parts in.

Fuel Injected!
    Just sell them as 8192-specific. I know the LT1 DIY tuner community would love to move away from DB9 serial ports. I just got my little Uber Easy setup working in a benchtop configuration the other day and it is wonderful. Now I need to put it in a box or something!

Super Moderator
    and i wouldn't mind selling them as such.... but i don't think there are too many people wanting to be limited out of 160 baud. my personal cable, which i've been using since sometime in 2009, doesn't have 160 baud capabilities, i assumed i wouldn't need it and i've been correct so far.

Super Moderator
    finally, a better source of cables.

not only are they the correct ones, they got here within 2 weeks of ordering, they're cheaper than before and the seller has a excellent attitude about me asking questions.

as a test run, i only ordered one from them(and a batch from my slower, more expensive, but at least correct supplier), but they have my business from here forward.

so, i'll have one ready to go probably sometime tonight or tomorrow(i have LONG overdue ball joints to replace on the ranger), the rest will be ready as the other ends come in, which will probably be within the week.

Sweet!

Sound Good
    Thanks for the updates

I still want one, lol...